RADs Error, Cannot connect to HTTP server.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bail

05-29-2011

I was playing and my malware popped up saying there was maliicous software in the LoL files, I had them removed, and now whenever I attempt to open the LoL launcher it brings up a RADS Error, Cannot Connect to the HTTP Servers, and tells me to check my internet connection and/or firewall, both of those however are not a problem in any way, I have also reinstalled countless times and one almost all other ideas seen throughout the help forums, pls help thanks.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

05-29-2011

It sounds like AVG (or another antivirus) mistook a legitimate League of Legends file for being malware and you gave it permission to remove the file. Try starting League of Legends in Administrator Mode, going into the Patcher Settings (Cog icon next to the Minimize icon), and starting the Repair function.

Hackasaurus

05-29-2011

I also had the same issue, tried running in admin mode and i am currently trying to a clean reinstall with avg uninstalled.

Edit: i had no succes watsoever the same problem is accuring even without avg or any antivirus installed

Propaganda Panda

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Golin View Post
It sounds like AVG (or another antivirus) mistook a legitimate League of Legends file for being malware and you gave it permission to remove the file. Try starting League of Legends in Administrator Mode, going into the Patcher Settings (Cog icon next to the Minimize icon), and starting the Repair function.
So i've tried reinstalling it and it still comes up and i am not able to run it as Administrator Mode :/

Aldominium

06-17-2011

I have the same problem. I reinstalled lol but nothing... I've tried to play in another computer but it seems that its dowloading a patch but it never ends..

Atroposreaver

06-19-2011

I just helped a friend with a similar problem. For some reason, all the files in her Riot Games folder were hidden. By making the folder visible, the launcher was able to update successfully.

SinXic

06-20-2011

i was having this same problem on my laptop, but ran it fine on my desktop.I clicked league of legends icon, patcher would come up and immediately say HTTP error cannot connect to HTTP server check internet connect or firewalls etc etc.

I went to league of legends setup.exe and chose the 'Repair' option which loaded all missing/older files and versions of patcher. Now when i run patcher it loads up the older version which begins to patch itself (this is where my desktop was at which is now running fine). So currently in the process of re patching everything on laptop like i did for desktop. It seems somehow files for the launcher were lost or hidden so taking a step back to an older version and re patching seems to work if this makes sense.

Hope this helps someone for i was raging last couple days trying to figure this out myself and forums havent been much help.

xREDNECKxCLUTCHx

06-25-2011

I am having a really weird problem that i think came from moving my computer it says "connection lost to http server and to maker sure that my connection is not being blocked by a firewall.

xREDNECKxCLUTCHx

06-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0ldham View Post
I was playing and my malware popped up saying there was maliicous software in the LoL files, I had them removed, and now whenever I attempt to open the LoL launcher it brings up a RADS Error, Cannot Connect to the HTTP Servers, and tells me to check my internet connection and/or firewall, both of those however are not a problem in any way, I have also reinstalled countless times and one almost all other ideas seen throughout the help forums, pls help thanks.
The same thing happened to me and i tried the smae stuff

KaBLaM

07-19-2011

Make sure you don't have 2 LoL directories on your computer. I had 1 on C drive and 1 on D drive. Copied all the files from the C drive in to the respective directory on the D drive and KaBLaM...works fine now.