Can't Use Quintessence Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BBoYTuRBo

08-30-2009

Okay, for the longest time, I had no idea what quintessence runes were for. Then I found out that they're supposed to be able to go in any rune slot. So why can't I use them in my spellbook? I've tried dragging all my quintessences, from tier 1 - tier 3, all different kinds, into the spell book, and none of them work. Am I missing something?

Feral

08-30-2009

What level are you?

Quizzical

08-31-2009

They're not supposed to be able to go into every rune slot, once you reach level ten, you'll unlock one of the larger rune spots, and that's where you can place them.

From then on every ten levels you'll be able to place one, for a max of 3 at level 30. o.o

You can search me and look at my runesheet if you'd like.

BBoYTuRBo

08-31-2009

Oh okay, that makes sense then. I'm only level 9. I never actually found any sort of documentation on how to use the runes, so I just thought that's how they worked from the forum posts I read. Thanks for the clarification!

MarkXKiller

07-23-2010

the staff shud have stated it clearly that only lvl 10 could use it.... even the greyed out slot doesn't state the min lvl for quintessences

Gyrogyro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkXKiller View Post
the staff shud have stated it clearly that only lvl 10 could use it.... even the greyed out slot doesn't state the min lvl for quintessences
There isn't even a greyed out slot anymore. if you're not level 10 theres NOWHERE to put the quint. I'm level 22, and the 3rd quint slot just doesnt exist at all. It's REALLY confusing for new players that think they can buy a quint and put it in a normal slot before they hit level 10 and see the big purple space.

Or better yet, make tier 1 quints require level 10. That way new players dont buy it before they can use it

SteveOman2

08-13-2010

guilty =)
i bought a quintessence ruin at lvl 3 with not a clue what to do with it
thanks for clearing it up.

Shikigami Kama

08-25-2010

Guilty as well
1.9% attack speed looked amazing compared to others xD

kathryndeann

01-21-2011

woo...me too. it's nice being a noob at something again for some reason...

MOOcow102

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Yeah, me too, I am lvl. 4 and I bought one