Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Advice on stealing enemy jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueBeanstalk

05-29-2011

Hey guys, i've started to learn the role of a jungler. I've been playing nunu and so far I finish my jungle, then try for a gank. After that I'll start at the enemy's blue, then wolves. Here's where I have trouble. I cross over towards wraiths and the enemy mid usually ganks me here. I know I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what. Any advice?

BlueBeanstalk

05-29-2011

anyone?

FaerellG

05-29-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmc4xsPIcf0

Titanic3

05-29-2011

Most junglers will start at their blue golem, wolves, (double golems) then red golem. You can gank/steal when they reach the red golem by timing yourself.

If you know for sure they're starting at blue, then kill your own wolves, then head over to their double golems (not red, not blue), and steal it. Then head over to their red, wait by the bush. In +/- 20 seconds, they'll usually come by. Wait until they get their red to half health, then do your consume/smite combo and high tail it out of there. Or if they're low health, kill them.

Beware that if you do kill them, you're going to be sandwiched between their mid and bottom lane, so tell your teammates to keep an eye on the map in case.

Tha Dynamite

05-29-2011

Jungle Nunu should usually start by eating the opponent's large Wraith. That is half a level right there. Then go your route.
If in a higher ELO, people will realize Nunu can do it and have two players guard Wraiths. So be careful of doing so.

If you can't gank anyone, then you can proceed back into their Wraiths or Blue. Why these two are better than others is because they are close to the outskirts where your team can protect you. Generally, if you get caught at the other camps, you are in some trouble.

Btw, if you see someone doing a camp, you can still go up and eat it if you can do it without hesitation and quickly.

ZXPrototype

05-29-2011

Its generally a bad idea to stroll through enemy towers.

BlueBeanstalk

05-29-2011

Great advice everyone! I went 6/3/21 following all your tips

Quote:
ZXFlip:
Its generally a bad idea to stroll through enemy towers.

Mainly what I meant by that was if I am the only jungler (not in ranked yet), and I decide to take their jungler, what should I do to go from their wolves to their wraiths?

Garvey

05-30-2011

I will usually blue pill home after taking enemies blue and/or wolves because by time you clear your jungle, head to their jungle and clear a spawn your spawn will have repopped.
Blue pill home and redo your smaller spawns starting at your double golems then work your way up to your wolves then invade again.
rinse/repeat

BrotherCaine

05-30-2011

Small tip: if stealing buffs, or even if just taking your own, drag the lizard/golem into the bush and do it there so you can see around yourself. This is especially good as trundle so you can pillar block while you decide if you want to stay and finish the buff or run for your life.