Ashe advice wanted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azellos

05-29-2011

I'm just starting out in LoL, and after much reading i've decided i will focus on getting as good as i can be with Ashe to start off. I've read through some builds, and I found one that seems to work for me which is buy a meki pendant (Sorry if that's the wrong spelling, i'm new) and 2 hp pots to start, then go to philosopher's stone, then berserker greaves, then infinity edge, blood thirster, black cleaver, and lastly phantom dancer. If you could give me any ideas for the build that'd be great, so far it works for me but i really don't know much about the game so there could very well be better alternatives.

In terms of skills, i'm alternating volley and frost arrow with ulti thrown in until those are all maxed, which works for me as i'm a very aggressive harasser early game.

Masteries and runes especially is where I'd like some help. For masteries, i want them specifically as i level up since i'm a new player, i'm rather clueless about what to do. Similarly, i dont know what runes to buy as i'm leveling up.

I tried looking up information about this several times, but i feel that an actual forum post would be very helpful for me improving. Thank you very much for your time!

Bönes

05-29-2011

I main Ashe and for runes I use mana regen per level, that way you don't need the phil stone, and cooldown reduction.... Masteries I go 21/0/9 to really get some damage output. Other then the Phil stone, your build sounds ok, but remember that some items are situational and should be used accordingly. You need to focus on what the other team is building and think about getting a Banshee's Viel for some survivability.

Luthien Kess

05-29-2011

Personally I find maxing volley first is better than alternating with frost shot.

Item build is okay, though depending on enemy team I might get last whisper instead of black cleaver, and I usually grab the zeal part of phantom dancer first if things aren't going to well.

Masteries I prefer 9-0-21, focuing on utility more. the mana regen and movespeed further down help a lot, although the crit chance in offense is also important.

For your runes, you'll want armor penetration reds (to work with volley), mana regen or armor yellows, mana regen or magic resist blues, and either health or movespeed quints.

Titanic3

05-29-2011

ECA>Volley > Frost Shot > Hawk

You should always, always, start with volley at level 1. Due to your passive, you have a guarenteed 100% critical strike when you attack. Do not waste it on a minion. Wait until your enemy in range and fire off your volley followed by a 90+ crit (at least 90, even without Armor Penetration Runes).

Level 1: Volley
Level 2: Frost
3: Volley
4: Hawk
5: Volley
6: ECA
7: Volley
8: Frost
9: Volley (maxed)
10: Frost
11: ECA
12: Frost
13: Frost (maxed)
14: Hawk
15: Hawk
16: ECA
17/18: Hawk

The amount of gold you get by leveling Hawk Shot first is usually not worth it against leveling Frost Shot first, where you provide much more utility for yourself and your team. While yes, the bigger range of high levels of Hawk Shot also provide utility, You usually (should) have wards in important places, so hawk shot's active is only useful maybe once out of the 10 times you use it, to check unwarded bushes, chasing enemies, or just providing simple knowledge of the enemy's location.

Your runes should be 9x Armor Pen Marks, 9x Mana regen (flat) seals AND glyphs. As for Quints, I prefer Movement quints, which help quite a bit with chasing (sometimes even your slow is not enough) and running. Armor Penetration Quints works just as well (allowing you to deal full damage at lower levels on certain squishy champions).

Your core items are Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer. Boots are almost always Merc Treads, but if there is little or no CC, then Swiftness works best. Beserker Greaves AS speed bonus is just too small IMO, granted it is cheap.

Start with either a Regrowth Pendant, or Level 1 Boots and pots. If starting with a Pendant, build it into a Philo Stone to help you farm. If building boots, stay in your lane until 2000 Gold, then recall and purchase a BF Sword along with wards.

Finish your Infinity Edge, then build a Zeal. IF the situation calls, delay your Phantom Dancer and buy either a Negatron Cloak or Chain Vest, if they are heavy on magic damage or physical damage. Finish your PD, then if you haven't already, buy defense items like the ones mentioned above. Negatron Cloak becomes a Banshee's Veil and Chain Vest becomes a Atmas Impaler, I usually buy both. Your last item is then situational. If they have 2 or more enemies with 100+ armor, Last Whisper is your best item. If not, then a Black Cleaver will do just fine.

TooStronkadonk

05-29-2011

Don't understand why you're building philo stones. health/mana pots are enough for regen, philo stones are crappy items you can't build anything with and they just delay your core.
ashe isn't a hard carry so gold/5 items do much less for her than they do for say.... tryndamere....

Doran's Blade -> boots 1 -> bf sword -> boots 2/3 -> infinity edge -> situational onwards.....

Enmaro

05-29-2011

Just remember to build survivability!

Miltus

05-29-2011

Meki pendant? Why not start with boots or philostone parts?

Ashe doesn't need a Philostone, but since are just starting out and have no mana regen runes then building one is perfectly fine imo.

I wouldn't buy any runes until lvl 20, just buy Tier 3 runes. I'd recommend ArPen and MReg.

It's hard to recommend masteries for every level, but try to grab those that improve the summoner spells that you use, and then either offense or utility, depending on which bonus seems most important to you.

Bowlegger

05-29-2011

I start with a Dorans Blade and volley. Then boots of swiftness, BF sword, sword of the divine, then I finish infinity edge. I get a recurve bow and another BF sword and how the game is going depends on what I build them into. For runes I have armor pen reds/quints, and attack speed/damage for yellow and blue.

Boong Snatcher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

The only viable way to start out with Ashe is a doran shield/blade or boots and 3 heath pots. Anything else will not be beneficial to your early game. Health regen is nice, but you should not be engaging your opponent in full combat early on, but just focus on farming. Use your W to harass and score last hits, but don't try to kill your opponent early unless they are stupid enough to let you.

biomorph

05-29-2011

2xDoran's Blades, Swift Boots and BF Sword->Infinity Edge is quite common for a mid game Ashe perhaps also the most common. The reason for the double Doran's is that it is a cheap way of getting good mix of early small damage boost as well as survivability which is pretty important because Ashe is extremely squishy.

After Infinity Edge a two common items on Ashe are Phantom Dancer and/or Banshee's Veil, depending on how well you are doing.

The point is that you want high damage, armor penetration and crit chance/damage. Attack speed is a bonus stat not primary.

Another problem with lacking runes and mastery points is that the typical build does not grant you any armor penetration so you might want to look into items like Black Cleaver, Brutalizer/Ghostblade and especially Last Whisper if enemy packs heavy armor.

I can understand that if you are new to LoL you might want a meki pendant to fix your mana regen since you likely lack runes and mastery points. But generally t3 MR5/lvl is all you need once you get level 30 (or close to it) and do not bother with mana regen items.

I would advice against being aggressive with Ashe because she is easily squashed if your enemy knows what to do. Ashe is weak compared to many other typical mid champs like Le Blanc, Vladimir et al. Focus more on getting last hits and of course if your enemy is asking for it poke him.

Typical runes for Ashe is: ArPen quints, ArPen marks, MR5/lvl seals and CDR glyphs.
Masteries are: 21/0/9 or 9/0/21 both with their respective advantages.