Unable to connect to server

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

08-30-2009

I'm sorry if this is addressed somewhere, I can't find it. I just tried to join my first normal game. After the champion select phase when the game started to run, I got an "Unable to connect to server" message that suggests there might be a problem with my firewall. There isn't a firewall in place, but some ports are blocked, so I'll be looking into that.

Quizzical

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
I'm sorry if this is addressed somewhere, I can't find it. I just tried to join my first normal game. After the champion select phase when the game started to run, I got an "Unable to connect to server" message that suggests there might be a problem with my firewall. My only guess would be that there's a problem with my school's firewall. Practice games work fine. Is there a port I can open or something?
If it helps at all the game server uses ports 5000-5050 UDP.

So you could try to open those. D:

Karrot

08-31-2009

Also, here's a screenshot of the error:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/...TroubleCut.jpg

Windows XP x64 Edition wouldn't be the problem, would it? (And yes, I disabled Windows Firewall, which is a worthless piece of junk anyhow.)

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

08-31-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

You may need to contact your school IT guy for permission to the LoL server.

Karrot

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
You may need to contact your school IT guy for permission to the LoL server.
Thank you very much! What server is it - pvp.net, or something else?

Blademasta

09-03-2009

I'm experiencing the same problem. Previous to the patch however, it worked fine. What exactly is the server (or ports) are needed to be allowed?

Karrot

09-05-2009

It was working well for a while, then just got this error again. Curses.

Shugs

09-10-2009

Has there been a solution to this? This seems to happen to me very randomly -- I am able to play some games, and others I can't.

I am behind a personal router, but I tested by plugging my desktop straight into the wall. Didn't solve the issue.

And if my school was blocking the ports, then I would not be able to connect at all. Again, it's just random games that I'm not able to connect to. IF I get in the game, I don't get disconnected from it either. So I think this is a problem with one of the later patches, and shouldn't be dismissed as simply saying 'forward your ports properly'. The issue is with the game that was created itself -- not the connection. It either allows me to join or it doesn't. The next one after it will allow me to join.

Tunisiano

09-10-2009

this is off the original topic but it agrees with the title.

I moved to europe and i can't connect anymore. Is it a pure US server? how do i join again

Karrot

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugs View Post
Has there been a solution to this? This seems to happen to me very randomly -- I am able to play some games, and others I can't.

I am behind a personal router, but I tested by plugging my desktop straight into the wall. Didn't solve the issue.

And if my school was blocking the ports, then I would not be able to connect at all. Again, it's just random games that I'm not able to connect to. IF I get in the game, I don't get disconnected from it either. So I think this is a problem with one of the later patches, and shouldn't be dismissed as simply saying 'forward your ports properly'. The issue is with the game that was created itself -- not the connection. It either allows me to join or it doesn't. The next one after it will allow me to join.
Nope. No solution yet. It's very annoying.

1234511 ... 17