How to not play katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HotsauceShoTYME

05-30-2011

Biomorph it is apparent you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how to use Shunpo. I never said to never use it offensively. I said it is for positioning not for nuking.

Leveling Shunpo first for harassment is bad. It exposes you to way to much damage and you will end up losing your lane if you have a half way decent opponent. You put yourself right in there range and minions will start pelting you + the opponent.

A smart ashe is not going to spam volley, it pushes the lane to much. A smart Ashe is going to sit behind the minion wave and come up to last hit. If you shunpo to her you will eat auto volley auto till you are out of range + minion hits.

A smart cho is not going to spam his spells. He is going to wait for your dumb ass to shunpo in then silence before you can prob get BB off and knock your ass in the air as you try to run.

"BUT SAUCE IM NOT GOING TO USE SHUNPO TILL HE USES HIS CD's"

Well then you have a mexican standoff in which you lose cause you have a laughable BB damage+bounce to harass with. Enjoy blowing the early/mid game advantage you get with kat cause you want to be mr. special snowflake nuke artist.

sniperfodderz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

So this is essentially why I wrote the post. I wanted to have the community agree that BB should have a higher priority in most cases because even though it pushes the lane (and helps you farm if you're not recklessly spamming it), it harasses the opponent from relative safety. For example, Ashe would be no match, because to last hit, she'd have to move up to at least within range of the blue castor minions, to which you could throw bouncing blades, and with enough points in the skill harass her, then quickly move out of position. If you repeat this enough times, she'll be so low that you can commit by throwing dagger right onto her, shunpoing on her, and anything else that does damage.

HotsauceShoTYME

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfodderz View Post
So this is essentially why I wrote the post. I wanted to have the community agree that BB should have a higher priority in most cases because even though it pushes the lane (and helps you farm if you're not recklessly spamming it), it harasses the opponent from relative safety. For example, Ashe would be no match, because to last hit, she'd have to move up to at least within range of the blue castor minions, to which you could throw bouncing blades, and with enough points in the skill harass her, then quickly move out of position. If you repeat this enough times, she'll be so low that you can commit by throwing dagger right onto her, shunpoing on her, and anything else that does damage.
Still using Ashe in the scenario it is not a given that you can win mid. If she hangs to the side of minions she can last hit safely since the bounce probably won't happen and you will have to expose yourself to auto volley auto harass if you go for BB.

Your best bet is to wait for the wave to dwindle then chuck a BB when she is close.