Problem with matchmaking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thesixler

03-22-2010

I dunno what the deal is, but the last 10+ matches I've played, I've been teamed with terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible players. I would normally attribute it to bad luck, but with it happening every game I've been in in a row, its hard to just call it poor luck.

Am I insane, or is there some sort of conspiracy against me?

Gamon

03-22-2010

no, matchmaking is working as intended

riot have more important things to do like releasing new champions with their skins

whocares about matchmaking?!!

Tenser

03-22-2010

No, matchmaking is blatantly broken, that's why there is a new thread about it every few minutes. It's also why Riot staff members have started threads asking for people to provide screenshots of bad matchmaking. Which has almost 200 pages worth of replies.

My last game (no joke, no exaggeration):

Vs.

The level 30's all had 300+ wins under their belts. Whereas the most wins by a player on my team was 40. Which means that all of the people on the other team had way more experience then the people on my team. Which resulted in us losing, of course, and people on my team going 3-10 or worse.

Matchmaking is broken. Fact. You can't argue with all the data. All the screenshots. Or all the forum posts. It's a major problem. Which, matchmaking being borked in a game like this? That's unacceptable.

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
No, matchmaking is blatantly broken, that's why there is a new thread about it every few minutes. It's also why Riot staff members have started threads asking for people to provide screenshots of bad matchmaking. Which has almost 200 pages worth of replies.

My last game (no joke, no exaggeration):

Vs.

The level 30's all had 300+ wins under their belts. Whereas the most wins by a player on my team was 40. Which means that all of the people on the other team had way more experience then the people on my team. Which resulted in us losing, of course, and people on my team going 3-10 or worse.

Matchmaking is broken. Fact. You can't argue with all the data. All the screenshots. Or all the forum posts. It's a major problem. Which, matchmaking being borked in a game like this? That's unacceptable.
This. Matchmaking is broken and riot is working on it.

Posting your data in the appropriate threads helps.

thesixler

03-22-2010

I didn't see the official thread anywhere, thanks for posting it! Glad to see they are trying to work on it, it must be hard to come up with all the metrics of a new matchmaking equation.

Tenser

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poruku View Post
This. Matchmaking is broken and riot is working on it.
Have they actually come out and said they are working on fixing it? Because I don't really think you can go buy that Zileas thread I linked. As far as I know, that's just a clever ploy to simply make people think they care, and are working on it.

So far, that's the only thing I've seen on this matchmaking issue. Zileas asking for screenshots of bad games. That, however, doesn't mean they are actually working on it. They might still be in the "gathering data" stage. Which means we'll have to put up with several more months of bad matchmaking, which I don't think I can take...