XP/IP Suggestion for Bot Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

03-22-2010

Allow lopsided games (in favor of bots) to still give XP/IP.

Playing 1 vs 5 against bots (or 2 v 5 with one of your buddies) can actually be kinda of fun sometimes, but doesn't give you any XP or IP. However, playing 5 v 5 against bots DOES give you XP and IP and is a an easier match to win.

There are definitely more important features that Riot could spend their time on, but I like to use a champ at least one time against bots (as a courtesy to my future teamates) before I take said champ into normal games. It's a good way to get familiar with their skills and scout out your item build. And as I mentioned, I think it's a d!ck move to play a champion you never even tested before in a normal game and handicap your team in the process.

So, while we all know that bots are extremely "dumb" and pose basically no challenge, it would be nice if we could at least give them a player advantage and still reap the IP/XP benefits from the match when we stomp them

YallaYalla

03-22-2010

ryze bot always kills me

Dog4Life

03-22-2010

i have same problem if i play some squishy hero if ryze close me in his cage he kinda can nuke me to death... its near impossible to die to any other of them... but ppl say ryze aint op even ryze_bot is owning

Yefo

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YallaYalla View Post
ryze bot always kills me
Lol, Ryze bot is actually kinda GAWDLY compared to the other bots. If Ryze bot is in a lane with other bots, you can expect him to push that lane and take out some towers if you don't keep him under control rofl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog4Life View Post
i have same problem if i play some squishy hero if ryze close me in his cage he kinda can nuke me to death... its near impossible to die to any other of them... but ppl say ryze aint op even ryze_bot is owning
Just goes to show you how simple the basic Ryze technique is, even the bots can handle it haha

YallaYalla

03-22-2010

ryze bot and soraka bot are pretty neat yeah (if you compare them to other the other bots)
sivir is not that bad also
alistar,yi and yeti are just embarassing

MaShane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

I just tried a practice game 3v3, me + 2 bots vs. 3 bots, and I got XP/IP for it...I'm also level 28, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Yefo

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaShane View Post
I just tried a practice game 3v3, me + 2 bots vs. 3 bots, and I got XP/IP for it...I'm also level 28, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
If you read my post again, you will notice I said make it so you can get XP/IP in LOPSIDED matches where the bots have the advantage. Yeah, they do give XP in even matches, but 1 v 5 matches, 2 v 5, etc. do not give XP/IP.

Ruduen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Here's the thing:

When playing lopsided against just bots? That idea works fine. It's easy to decide who gets what, since you only have to give stuff to one team.

But remember that practice games have more than just bots. What happens when you suddenly have 1 real player versus 1 real player and 1 bot? It gets to be much more of a pain to decide who gets how much then.

So, yeah. Agree with the general concept, but implementation needs work.

The Librarian

03-22-2010

Ryze, Soraka and Sivir are the only bots that don't feed and know how to push a lane.

They also know when to B, so its all good. I always take Ryze bot with me if I put Sivir and Soraka on the other team. It's a fair match then.

Yefo

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruduen View Post
Here's the thing:

When playing lopsided against just bots? That idea works fine. It's easy to decide who gets what, since you only have to give stuff to one team.

But remember that practice games have more than just bots. What happens when you suddenly have 1 real player versus 1 real player and 1 bot? It gets to be much more of a pain to decide who gets how much then.

So, yeah. Agree with the general concept, but implementation needs work.
Agreed, I see exactly what you mean. In response to your point, I've come up with two conditions for when to reward IP and XP... If EITHER of these conditions are met in a game, XP and IP will be distributed at the usual rate.

Condition 1: Team A and Team B have an equal number of human players
Explanation: Bots suck. For the most part, I'd rather play alone than with bots on my team. If I had my choice of 1 v 1 against a human or 1 v 2 against a human and a bot, i'd take the 1 v 2. The bot would be easy to feed off of and give me a big advantage. If the human tries to work with the bot and protect them (good luck with that haha), his XP and gold will be gimped, still giving me the advantage imo. I suppose a 1 v 5 though against 1 human and 4 bots might be a bit tougher than a simple 1 v 1. Since it is hard to tell whether bots will be beneficial or harmful to a team, simply take them out of the equation with this "condition" and only count the # of human players. This condition will also allow for the "base case": a game without any bots at all.

Condition 2: One team has ONLY bots, and this bot-only team has a >= number of players as the opposite team
Explanation: This would allow for the 1 human vs 5 bot, 2 human vs 5 bot, etc. that I mentioned in my first post. Also, this condition can also be satisfied in an "even" matchup of 5 v 5. This would also prevent you from doing a 5 v 1, a team of 5 people/bots against only 1 bot, in an effort to farm XP/IP at an incredible rate (yes, I know, practice games stop giving XP and IP after a few games anyway).

Examples of games that would give XP/IP:
5 v 5, all humans
1 v 5, 1 human vs 5 bots
1 v 5, 1 human vs 1 human and 4 bots
2 v 5, 2 humans vs 5 bots
etc.

Exampls of games that would not give XP/IP:
5 v 1, any mix of 5 humans/bots against just 1 bot
2 v 2, 2 humans vs 1 human and 1 bot
etc.

I *think* those two conditions are able to account for every possible team makeup in terms of the # of bots and humans on each team.