Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to fight teemo mid with fate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pandonetho

03-22-2010

Alright, so the people I fight most often in mid are Ashe and Teemo.

Ashe is usually pretty easy. Teemo is a bit more difficult. Most of the time I can kill teemo easily as the game progresses, but early game it's difficult and I'm wondering what other TF players do against Teemo?

I always start off with stacked deck to farm and get the 4th shot on the enemy champ as it does good damage early game. However, teemo always manages to blind me before I can hit him and he ends up doing way more damage. Then he runs away when blind wears off. The same applies to pick a card, they always miss whenever I get blinded.

Since I play fate as DPS it's extremely hard to kill teemo early game unless he's cocky and pushing a tower at low health when I can destiny him to kill him.

Any advice folks? Also, wild cards suck.

Copybass

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Step One: Be Twisted Fate
Step Two: Kill Teemo.

In all seriousness, blind is annoying, but Pick-A-Card can help. Eventually you'll have an opening to Gold Card and spank him.

Voidgolem

03-22-2010

Wait for him to burn blinding dart, Card him.

Wildcards also are not affected by blind.

Generally, I just play defensively, solomid's not about being aggressive, it's about last hitting and moneys.

Twisted

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Quote:
Voidgolem:
Wait for him to burn blinding dart, Card him.

Wildcards also are not affected by blind.

Generally, I just play defensively, solomid's not about being aggressive, it's about last hitting and moneys.

QFT

If only more people understood this

Astronaut

03-22-2010

Well I main the new TF and this is what I've found after playing against many, many teemos.

Basically, Teemo's blinding dart does NOT affect your attack if you are in the middle of the animation.

This means that you can just throw your card, and it WILL hit him. Since you can't count on autoattacking after the gold card (since you're blinded), USE THE RED CARD.

RED CARDS ARE AMAZING. What I do is I camp the ranged minions with the red card. When teemo comes near them, I attack the creep closest to Teemo. The AOE hits teemo and damages him. He can't do ****.

Viral

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Red Card the creeps near him, I believe they do the same amount of damage to everything in the radius of the damage.

And play DEFENSIVELY. Get levels, get money, and THEN kill him.

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Also:
if you get SOTD even if he blinds you, you can activate it and hit him through the blind

Lucchinii

03-22-2010

If you get pushed by a teemo, you're doing it wrong.

Still don't get why DPS TFs rely heavily on Red Cards and SD's 4th hit to harass.
WC has long range and allows for safe harassing

Even if Red cards and SD's 4th hit do more damage overall early, I'd rather harass from a safe spot than do like 20-ish more damage to the champion to harass and possibly get my ass kicked.

Since you're going mid lane, you're going to level fast, so harassing from a safe distance with WC is a much better idea.

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Quote:
Still don't get why DPS TFs rely heavily on Red Cards and SD's 4th hit to harass.

because wild cards scale off of AP, and it does like no damage, sure its fine to put maybe 1 point into it early game... but its no good by mid game, and if you are forced to harass from a safe spot... ur doing it wrong

PAC is tf's bread and butter, red cards also deal AOE damage allowing you to last hit multiple creeps at once AND slow them, and since TF is a ranged champ... attacking with PAC shouldn't be taking you out of a safe spot... :|

Etyn

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Teemo runs up, auto attacks TF

TF attacks

Teemo pops blinding dart

TF gets wtf pwned.

Start of game - teemo tele's to mid turret runs to middle (slightly higher than where the first creeps hit each other)

TF is clueless - GETS WTF FB'D

Some of these posters are missing some key points though.

1 - Teemo owns the hell out of TF even with "pro tactics" - check the ranges , i can get a dart off and be running the other way before TF's can attack me. (So either I am uber pro , they are bad, or teemo has better range)

2 - Teemo has AMAZING solo mid power vs TF, Creep wave rolls in, teemo spams poison on all creeps, teemo wins creep wave presses turret. TF does nothing because moving up makes the creeps attack him, and if he moves up teemo just spams pois / blinding dart and scoots away using move quick.

3 - Pois > Cone cards at farming, i can spam all the creeps one shot at a time while TF gets one cone AoE attack off.

4 - Once you play against TF for 5 minutes you can successfully dodge his cone aoe cards just about every time. (keep TF parallel to you, when he begins his animation for that aoe card throw just move straight up or down and he will miss, you gotta learn the timing though, learn when that aoe is off CD, learn the players habbit of aiming the aoe slightly off center, which most decent TF players will do)

5 - TF players obviously do not realize the card he picks shows up to the enemy over his head. "Oh he pulled yellow? Let me play back for a few seconds and get him to burn it on a creep instead" "Oh he pulled RED? Let me stand off away from minions" "Oh its blue.. stand still and type /all AWWWWWWW"

I know TF is supposed to be a "tier 1" champion, but to me teemo > tf at solo mid.

In fact Teemo > * @ solomid. (there I said it)

(Also, it depends on the teemo player. If the teemo player is going AP, his pois is going to be wicked to the creep waves and let him press faster, is why i build a kages lucky pick first if I am solo mid then switch off to building AD stuff. A little AP bonus at the start lets me press WAY more. If I go lane though I get a long sword and build brutalizer first for the extra armor pen and the CD reduction for shroom spam)

On a related note... I went teemo vs teemo earlier before work, the other teemo (building AD) bought ONLY pots at start. He must have shown up with like over 9000 health pots because I simply could not wear him down with pois/blinding dart/ignite. I would hit him, he would pop a health pot. For like the first 10 minutes of the game he had me pressed because he simply spammed health pots. Was very effective, but once we hit mid I had an advantage because I had a brutalizer and he had zerker boots. Might have paid off if he had killed me.