Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best way to get out of ELO hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fearfulways

05-28-2011

Soo, I was at 1500 elo after 9games -2 losses, and in no time I hit the trolls, six straight games I just got trolled by the same kid every time too. and now i'm loosing from either a troll or some 5 year old kid playing LoL, what would be the best way or char to get out of elo hell in 5v5 solo. btw I am easily capable of being 1700+.

HeXiiS

05-28-2011

i try to duo q with someone i think is good.
play champs that can get easily fed, or dont depend on being fed.

Lacksadaisy

05-28-2011

So take a break and you won't get the same people in your team. If you belonged in 1700, you could carry your team to there. You need to realize you gain much more elo in your first few games than in later games. Only after many games does your elo become apparent and fitting.

You play about 10 games and think it's easy? You're sorely deluded and in for a bracing reality check, my boy. Your "elo hell" is a fantasy invented from your own ineptitude. Maybe you need to consider the idea that perhaps, just perhaps, you aren't as good as you think you are and *shock surprise* belong in a lower elo bracket.

Sorry if I just burst your bubble, Hotshot.

Cyrath

05-28-2011

Not sure if it's true, and I'm not trying to troll, but I've been told you can carry yourself very high with Urgot.
Not sure if I believe that though, seeing as his lategame is terrible. But his laning is just complete bad news for his enemy.

Daross

Recruiter

05-29-2011

If you meet troll ... report AND ignore him.
Best way to get from bad rating ? .. GET BETTER.
Well .. not only this. Also learn to fill all roles. At low rating, people refuse to pick for team.. just grab chap they like most, often causing team comp with 3+ ranged AD or similar. Your correct pick alone might turn the tide..

... and more.. it all have been writen a lot. Just be better player overall - not just better with your champ.
You wont win 1v5 without your team, just with correct champion.

The Null Revolt

05-29-2011

Quote:
what would be the best way or char to get out of elo hell in 5v5 solo

Carry your team with ashe/corki or malz/anivia/nid

ErgonomicAxe

05-29-2011

The way out of ELO hell is to try to solo as much as possible (of course you should always be able to jungle too if the rest of the team can't). Then WIN the lane. Get several abusive solo characters and win the laning phase for a 60% win rate no matter what happens in the lategame. Mordekaiser is my favorite anti-ELO hell character, even though at high ELO he's not great because of his lack of lategame utility. Other abusive laners, depending on the opposing team, are Nidalee, Vladimir, Renekton, Urgot, Annie, and LeBlanc. Pick a couple and focus on your own play, and the law of averages will give you more wins than losses.

Fearfulways

05-29-2011

What would be a char to carry your team by yourself, I've only seen one which is Xin' Zhao.

Jerbearr

05-29-2011

Also, Elo isn't an acronym (it's a name).