Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did you really close HSGG's thread?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ironic Tager

05-28-2011

I think if CLG truly believed they deserved the #1 seed, they would have no quarrels in challenging anyone.

BTW, TSM swept CLG 2-0 not too long ago.

tempname420

05-28-2011

You know what? HotShotGG always has someone to blame, just let him be. He's gonna whine and blame always he's not a very good personality

The Insane Ones

05-28-2011

But the whole point of a tournament is to see who's best. So even if the seeding was switched, The best team should win. CLG QQ.

inb4 clg fans downvote me.

Xenos One

05-28-2011

Quote:
MissyMegan:
Idk what happen entirely didnt get to read it, but why does it matter who you face in what order, because in the end the "Best" Is suppost to win, so whether you make it to the finals and lose to a team, or lose your 2nd game, you dont win either way

whineshot fanbois cant wrap thier tiny brains around this fact.

sad really....so ****ing stoopid.....but when your whole life revolves around a fat raging ******ed american, theres only so little left that can be called a life.

iAegis

05-28-2011

Quote:
Liftdouble:
The difference between 7th and 8th seed is that much of a difference?!?

If so, then the whole bracketing system is flawed, not just this minor switch. Just think if the Bulls had to play the 76ers and the Heat played the Pacers instead of the other way around. I would venture to say we would get the same results.

The 8th seed team is full of 1700 ELO casuals, as they have admitted themselves. the 7th seed team is regarded as the 3rd best team in the game because they switched out 2 players for really good ones recently. Research before you open your ignorant mouth.

shmallow

05-28-2011

Quote:
The Insane Ones:
But the whole point of a tournament is to see who's best. So even if the seeding was switched, The best team should win. CLG QQ.

inb4 clg fans downvote me.

Why did Riot even implement the Seeding system then?

Firellius

05-28-2011

CLG is just using this media hype to turn the community against RIOT. It's their way of building and applying pressure on RIOT so they might get what they want. Which is a guaranteed victory.

BY THE WAY...

If Riot hadn't switched them around and EG would have thrown the match in favour of TSM, do you think mr. HSGG would shut up?

Because he'd probably be whining again about how RIOT let TSM have the easy road.

Tl;dr: CLG will ONLY accept RIOT's actions if they win. If they lose, RIOT screwed up. Because they can't handle being bested.

SoPunny

05-28-2011

You can simply look at the behavior of CLG players during the EG game. Those disconnects by HSGG and that other guy were intentional, no doubt. CLG would have complained either way. On one hand, there is a chance that EG would let TSM win. Allowing that would have made Riot look even worse in the eyes of the competitive gaming community. In addition, if the game was allowed to take place, there would be no way to prove or disprove the cheating (because of the LoL mechanics). Dealing with such a scandal would have been a gigantic mess.

So, Riot made the least damaging decision in terms of how the general public sees them. To a person that hasn't been following the streams and whatnot, switching the 8th and 7th seeds would not look like a big change.

Aekero

05-28-2011

Quote:
UVladbrolaf:
He cries too much. Seriously everytime he makes a post I can see the tears leaking through my monitor.

fairly neutral on this topic but this made me lol

Pewbacca

05-28-2011

Riot shouldve kept him banned.