Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did you really close HSGG's thread?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinPaladin

05-28-2011

I thought that the first seed was supposed to be the best team stat-wise, not the team that gets a free win game 1. Sure, these often coincide but I'm pretty sure that the inventors of the seed bracket system weren't thinking "Oh, hey, let's make a system where the first seed gets a free win."

glowing balls

05-28-2011

Quote:
PenguinPaladin:
I thought that the first seed was supposed to be the best team stat-wise, not the team that gets a free win game 1. Sure, these often coincide but I'm pretty sure that the inventors of the seed bracket system weren't thinking "Oh, hey, let's make a system where the first seed gets a free win."

Have you watched a single tournament in any sport (athletic or e-sport)? Because upsets happen. ALL THE TIME. That has NOTHING to do with whether or not EG should have played as a #8 seed. That was wrong, clearly. In fact, you just proved it by pointing out they beat the #1 seed. If they were better, then clearly they shouldn't be the worst team in the bracket? Fact.

Basketball is a great example. How many #1 seeds actually win their brackets and make it to the final 4? Not many. it is SO rare for all the #1 seeds to make it all the way. But over the season, they've earned the "easy path" They play #16 seeds first, and don't have to play the #2 seed until the elite 8. The whole point is to allow the best teams to AVOID playing each other until the last possible moment, to ensure the most important games are more likely to be played between the best teams. By prematurely matching up the best teams early on, you eliminate one of the better teams immediately. Hence the whole point of tournament SEEDING. The poll asks whether CLG was cheated by the SEEDING change. The FACT is, YES. #1 seed earned over the season means they should play the worst team first, and play the best teams last. That didn't happen. CLG was cheated. I feel bad for Riot being in that lose-lose situation (you do nothing, then you ignored a serious potential infraction, versus choosing to shaft CLG cause "if they're really #1 they'll win anyway right?&quot.

It's just sad really, how many people just hate CLG (read "HSGG&quot and so they will blatantly lie on this poll and say, NO, CLG wasn't cheated. Whether you like CLG or not, the fact is CLG was disadvantaged/cheated by having to play EG first round. Period. They earned #1. That doesn't mean they are the best in this tourney. But #1 means they earned the right to play the worst team. That didn't happen, therefore they were cheated. End of story.

This is a quote from "Cadica" in another thread and explains the situation properly

preparetobeowned

05-28-2011

Riot has a habbit of closing threads that make them look bad. The only big one they havent closed was CLG's response which is probably just because it was so big and would upset too many people if they closed it.

Faeces

05-28-2011

Doesn't matter if you're bad you just need to get your hands on these 100k and laugh at every single one of these solo que " stars" lel

TomChesterson

05-28-2011

Let's just be completely honest, LoL's competitive scene is a JOKE right now. They don't even know their own rules and they consistently prove time and time again that they don't take this as seriously as they should. When $100,000 is at stake then there really shouldn't be such huge oversights. I hate HotshotGG, I think he's an over rated player who has a ridiculous amount of fanboys. On the other hand, I hate that LoL's professional team can't make a simple tournament, with consistent rules or seeding.

I hope CLG doesn't make it to Dreamhack, but I think they got a little shafted on a big decision that was taken lightly by Riot as a whole.

Doriantv

05-28-2011

Playing Jax is trolling? I thought he was FotM.

Also, CLG didn't work hard at all. They rested on their laurels and trolled solo queue day and night. The other teams were working their asses off scrimming against each other.

InfernoTowel

05-28-2011

Quote:
Nerivalara:
WhineshotQQ

His team lost twice over. He needs to mute himself before he becomes a real frickin embarassment.

He's whiny and immature, but he was correct this once.

thyodrel

05-28-2011

Quote:
Eddy01741:
"Gg EG, you deserved to win just not against us."

Because EG deserved to win against CLG because they.... won against CLG.

This man speaks the truth

Dethie

05-28-2011

Quote:
glowing balls:
Have you watched a single tournament in any sport (athletic or e-sport)? Because upsets happen. ALL THE TIME. That has NOTHING to do with whether or not EG should have played as a #8 seed. That was wrong, clearly. In fact, you just proved it by pointing out they beat the #1 seed. If they were better, then clearly they shouldn't be the worst team in the bracket? Fact.

Basketball is a great example. How many #1 seeds actually win their brackets and make it to the final 4? Not many. it is SO rare for all the #1 seeds to make it all the way. But over the season, they've earned the "easy path" They play #16 seeds first, and don't have to play the #2 seed until the elite 8. The whole point is to allow the best teams to AVOID playing each other until the last possible moment, to ensure the most important games are more likely to be played between the best teams. By prematurely matching up the best teams early on, you eliminate one of the better teams immediately. Hence the whole point of tournament SEEDING. The poll asks whether CLG was cheated by the SEEDING change. The FACT is, YES. #1 seed earned over the season means they should play the worst team first, and play the best teams last. That didn't happen. CLG was cheated. I feel bad for Riot being in that lose-lose situation (you do nothing, then you ignored a serious potential infraction, versus choosing to shaft CLG cause "if they're really #1 they'll win anyway right?&quot.

It's just sad really, how many people just hate CLG (read "HSGG&quot and so they will blatantly lie on this poll and say, NO, CLG wasn't cheated. Whether you like CLG or not, the fact is CLG was disadvantaged/cheated by having to play EG first round. Period. They earned #1. That doesn't mean they are the best in this tourney. But #1 means they earned the right to play the worst team. That didn't happen, therefore they were cheated. End of story.

This is a quote from "Cadica" in another thread and explains the situation properly

^

Sleepy Cat

05-28-2011

Quote:
PenguinPaladin:

A team wants to get first seed so that they get the free win round one. That's the whole point of it.