Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did you really close HSGG's thread?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MissyMegan

05-28-2011

Idk what happen entirely didnt get to read it, but why does it matter who you face in what order, because in the end the "Best" Is suppost to win, so whether you make it to the finals and lose to a team, or lose your 2nd game, you dont win either way

glowing balls

05-28-2011

Quote:
Liftdouble:
The difference between 7th and 8th seed is that much of a difference?!?

If so, then the whole bracketing system is flawed, not just this minor switch. Just think if the Bulls had to play the 76ers and the Heat played the Pacers instead of the other way around. I would venture to say we would get the same results.

Apparently EG did not play in any of the preliminary events that would have raised their seed.

instead imagine the heat playing the bulls first round of the playoffs lmao. While boston goes onto the finals with troll face.

SlainByRyzeBot

05-28-2011

Quote:
Kogrek:
hotshot lost becasue his team was inferior, no excuses. sheesh

I don't think he's making excuses, simply pointing out that previous to the seeding change CLG had a much easier road to the upper bracket finals and the guaranteed Dreamhack spot that came with it. With the change of seeding they're into the losers bracket in the first round because of how strong a team EG is.

Judging from the quality of play from TSM and EG, CLG would be lucky to finish third in the NA qualifiers. The problem is that before the seeding change they could have guaranteed a Dreamhack spot before having to face TSM or EG, thus an easier road to the bracket finals than they're looking at now.

KAWAlI

05-28-2011

Quote:
Darathos:
Thats because this game is his life, if he dosn't make it to the finnals its like not being promoted to management at work over that new guy who just transfered to your work place. Yeah the new guy knows a thing or two about the buisness, but you where employee of the month for almost a year straight!

Lets expand on that example. The way Hotshot spends most of his time I.E playing **** like solo mid Trundle in solo queue is like spending 8 hours a day for a year surfing the internet and doing nothing at your job and then being butthurt because the guy in the cubicle next to you got promoted even though he spent all of his time working his ass off.

Most of the players on EG have been playing as long, if not longer than most of CLG.

LvL69Gengar

05-28-2011

If any of you were in CLG's position, you wouldn't have liked it either. I for sure know I wouldn't like working hard to get #1 seed and play #8, only to not just because some other team was found guilty for cheating.

Baconnaise

05-28-2011

I'm still confused about the riot hate. What if they did nothing about the supposed joking about throwing games? ****ed if they do? ****ed if they don't? I've seen these guys from EG, TSM, CLG, and others playing ranked together in solo queue. Who's to say you won't lose to a lower seed down the road instead of earlier? Does it even make a difference? You still lose to a lower seeded team.

If you're confident of your team you wouldn't need to resort to bickering about seeds and who you play. I didn't realize there were so many people that enjoy watching competitions where one team just demolishes all others. I suppose many of you enjoy watching blowouts in football basketball and baseball. Those games sure are fun to watch! o.O

glowing balls

05-28-2011

it certainly makes a difference because they lost. If TSM or EG sent either of each other to the losers brackets it would clearly be to the advantage of CLG...

In this type of tournament you are not guaranteed to play against every other team.

Arcanist

05-28-2011

Bump.

Eddy01741

05-28-2011

"Gg EG, you deserved to win just not against us."

Because EG deserved to win against CLG because they.... won against CLG.

chapichapo

05-28-2011

say "you don't deserve to run this game" to the guys that run the game and have your thread closed

i don't see the problem there

just flaming/qq 0argument