What you need to be doing in order to become a succesful DPS.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inept

03-22-2010

stopped reading at ashe and teemo are DPS carries, because they aren't. they have absolutely no steroid skills, unless you count plentiful bounty as a "boost"

Evernight

03-22-2010

I agree with the OP to a point - obviously he made an over-generalization, but I understand it.

Basically you should never be nearing the AS cap - even on Udyr. Personally as melee I aim for 1.0 to 1.3 max and 1.5 to 2.0 on ranged. These maximums obviously should take any buffs into account (tristana/WW/etc.)

Justification: Melee champs have to chase and since you cannot move and attack at the same time most often you need to hit, move, hit, move, hit, etc. Obviously there are many times when you can hit a few times on a stationary target, but dmg is going to do the same thing as attack speed at that point. Ranged Champs are able to fire more than once at a single target even if the target is moving away from them - which makes AS much more useful.... to a point.

HOWEVER, dmg is MUCH more expensive than AS. 100 dmg = $3700 while 100% AS = $2625 (general pricing) so a balanced build of AS and DMG is key. Certain skills obviously synergize with AS and others with dmg and skewing your build to favor those is key.

Silverdevilboy

03-22-2010

Major exceptions: Mundo, Twitch.

twitch gets poison stacks per hit, so atk speed boosts him for free.

Mundo has masochism. 100-200 extra damage per hit means atk speed has a better return for the cost.

volune

03-22-2010

i think with teemos move quick and good play he has no problem getting off the number of girl slaps needed to kill the enemy.

gunsharp

03-22-2010

I love it when I see Twitches with 3 attack speed items and no damage.

CTHDRL

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by inept View Post
stopped reading at ashe and teemo are DPS carries, because they aren't. they have absolutely no steroid skills, unless you count plentiful bounty as a "boost"
Read the 9th word of the first sentence.

GG

Twitch already has abilities that giev him A/S. You are simply being stupid by rushing attack speed items to "omg stack his poison!" when you could be doing more damage AND stacking poison at the same time.

Rush bloodrazor on teemo. Do your job with your shrooms

Watch as everything dies. Tanks, mages, DPS, supprt. Even mundo.

This isn't an opinion.

Rushing Attack damage > Attack speed.

jedininjaman

03-22-2010

this fails hard.
for heroes like twitch. His dmg unless he is fed, comes from expunge.
need stacks of poison, not strong phys attacks.
Same for Jax / udyr / tf and I think teemo as well
Since his animation is so fast, malady/LW Are worth it for chasing as well as general dps.
Only heroes were you are correct are Ashe / panth / Ezreal / Trist / Shaco
In a flat out brawl, AS (per gold spent) is always superior than AD (per gold spent)
I have worked the numbers several times..

jedininjaman

03-22-2010

umm so what AS abilities does teemo have???

jedininjaman

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post

Rush bloodrazor on teemo. Do your job with your shrooms

Watch as everything dies. Tanks, mages, DPS, supprt. Even mundo.

This isn't an opinion.

Rushing Attack damage > Attack speed.
Heavy duty noobism coming from you Mr. naut.
It is never a good idea to rush a 3800 gold item. Especially if its components are near worthless. Madreds razors is probably one of the worst items for teemo to get early game, you play him right, you dont need armor you need small amounts of MR, since he is only vulnerable to nukes. And he should not be jungling, he is a hero killer...

The real best thing to rush if you want the procing mag dmg per attk would be Wits End.
Gives everything you get out of Madreds (@ mid game enemy health isnt high anyways) but for 1/2 price plus you get the MR you need.
Perfect.

Flapjacks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Lol @ the people saying you want attack speed on twitch. Not saying you want 0, but you should be getting BF Sword, etc first.