LF quality CURRENT Irelia build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrgotSwained

05-28-2011

I tried her way back when I first started and sucked at her, willing to give her another shot now that I have a tad more experience, that being said I would like a current, detailed guide on her build and play style. Anyone know one? willing to share?

Im thinking Trin, wriggles, Spir Visage, Merc as core. BV or Randuins as defensive item.
Rush Sheen, then wriggles/boots. Spir visage next? then ?

I really dont have confidence in making a build or playing her yet. HALP!

Lizto

05-28-2011

Get merc treds, trinity force and gunblade as core, rest build tanky, banshees veil, frozen heart. Last item you can get w.e you want really, youll be pretty darn tanky, dealing massive damage. You can get GA for more tankiness or madreds bloodrazor which has good synergy with your Q and W. It can also be a phantom dancer or a ghostblade.

Pretty much you Q at somebody, then E, then you activate W, proc'ing trinity, hit, then R, hit hit hit, R, hit hit hit, Q, hit, W, R hit hit hit.

Thats pretty much it, proc trinity like a madman, your Q procs it and since it applies on hit effects it uses it. Your R allows you to proc trinity 5 times, Q is on a short cooldown so you can proc with it quite often, so is E, irelia is a proc machine :P

Two Swords

05-28-2011

^ Don't build a gunblade
Trinity and merc treads are core after that actually do some thinking on what defensive items to get next so you can kill a carry faster than it can kill you [ Fon = Ap Randuins = AD]. Or go offensive if your just stomping

Pig Magus

05-28-2011

I like Wriggles, appropriate defensive boots, Trinity Force, (Defensive item), (Defensive item), Ghostblade.

Lizto

05-28-2011

Actually, ever since last patch gunblade is great on Irelia.

A shadowy figure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

IMO Irelia is extremely flexible, the only core items being Trinity and Merc Treads. In general take defnse items after that, but if you are really stomping then go offensive.

I haven't tried Gunblade on Irelia yet, but to me it seems to cost way too much for what it does.
And IMO Banshee's > FoN because 375 HP provides more immediate benefits than .035% max hp/sec. And 375 MP pretty much solves your mana problems for a long team fight.

Levanders

05-28-2011

Build: Mercury's Treads
Trinity Force
Spirit Visage
Randuin's Omen
Force of Nature
Youmuu's Ghostblade

Runes: Greater Mark of Desolation x9
Greater Seal of Resilience x9
Greater Glyph of Warding x9
Greater Quint of Desolation x3

Have fun owning with Irelia.

HeXiiS

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by A shadowy figure View Post
IMO Irelia is extremely flexible, the only core items being Trinity and Merc Treads. In general take defnse items after that, but if you are really stomping then go offensive.

I haven't tried Gunblade on Irelia yet, but to me it seems to cost way too much for what it does.
And IMO Banshee's > FoN because 375 HP provides more immediate benefits than .035% max hp/sec. And 375 MP pretty much solves your mana problems for a long team fight.
i agree with your gunblade and Banshees statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWinLikeSheen View Post
Build: Mercury's Treads
Trinity Force
Spirit Visage
Randuin's Omen
Force of Nature
Youmuu's Ghostblade

Runes: Greater Mark of Desolation x9
Greater Seal of Resilience x9
Greater Glyph of Warding x9
Greater Quint of Desolation x3

Have fun owning with Irelia.
switch out youmuus with a phantom dancers

phantom dancers stack better with trinity and HIten style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
Actually, ever since last patch gunblade is great on Irelia.
no actually for the same price you could be getting far better items for irelia. the gunblade is still not worth it for the the bonuses it provides.

Fatkid55

05-29-2011

The way I build Irelia

1: Sapphire Crystal, 2 hp Potions
2: Sheen
3: Mercury Treads
4: Trinity Force

After that I build w/e I feel like. Its usually a Banshee's Veil or a Randuin's Omen. Or, ill grab items like a Madreds Bloodrazor, Executioners Calling, and etc. You really can go with almost any items you want. Thats whats so great about Irelia. Except don't go for much AP.

For runes I go

9x Greater Marks of Desolation
9x Greater Seals of Resilience
9x Greater Glyphs of Shielding
3x Greater Quintessence of Desolation

And masteries, I go 0/9/21. And I know someones gunna yell at me, but I pick up Strength of Spirit and Expanded Mind.I know that the benefits from each are TINY but, it just gives you that much more staying power early game to farm for that Trinity Force. (I also pick up greed)

Lastly, for summoner spells I usually take Exhaust and Flash.

I hope I helped but i am pretty new to playing her as well.

TheAngelOfChaos

05-30-2011

Shes my main and this is how i play her.

Items:
1-Dorans shield
2-Phage
3-Beserkers boots
4-sheen
5-trinity force
6-Black cleaver
7-at this point you can be more creative. madrids bloodrazer, hextech gunblade, banshees veil, anything that helps what you want. i focus on AD and AS but its never bad to have some AP especially if its thrown in with AD or AS

ability build:
put 1 in E, then Q, then W, then build E as fast as you can (getting ult of course). when you cant, put points in Q. when both are at 4, stick points in W.

using abilites:
Q is a great way to start a fight. it works with W, is great for last hitting and is so useful if someone gets away with almost no health.

W isnt super useful but is useful to have. its helps take down tanks and its lifegiving properties help keep you in a lane. it also works with Q

E is by far the best you have. it does good damage and its CC is fantastic. wait a moment before hammering him so your health % will be lower then stun him and hit him with everything. Also, if your running, smack your chaser with this then keep running

R is good for keeping you alive in a 1v1, clearing a minion wave, discouraging chasers, killing runners, and hitting everyone in teamfights. however unless your fed or the enemy has very low defense this isnt going to hit super hard. be warned.

Laning: i like laning in the bottom lane just cause. i prefer working with someone like fiddle who is also a strong damage dealer and is good and controlling the battlefield.

Fighting:
Your burst is something to be feared. W>Q in, hit with E, then run out if you need. if you get into a prolonged 1v1 and are taking damage, remember R has lifesteal.
You arent very tanky with this build. while you can survive 1v1 and maybe 2v1, a whole team will destroy you. you should not be the on initiating and should try to stay out of the middle

Misc:
flash is a great ability. its useful in so many situations
teleport is good too. if you need to port back and heal, its good for quickly getting back into the fight

this is kind of a quick guide. if you have questions comments or suggestions let me know