So, solo lane WW in tournament.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Walrus

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebin314 View Post
I'm sick of this discussion, because the morons who think WW always belongs in the jungle are the same ones that think Vayne is OP and get perma slowed to death by Ashe.

Lanewick is a niche thing, good for countering mobile carries in team fights. If your team already has a jungler in and they grab Vayne, Teemo, Ashe, or Corki, Lanewick is a **** good option. Yeah he's a consistent jungle, but he doesn't offer much more than average control, gank power, and really good sustainability, while an Olaf, Nunu or Trundle end up having a much better early game impact.
Lanewick can't stop any of the people you listed from completely free farming and demolishing your team. If someone stuns him while he ults he's completely boned and your carry is fine, especially if you have a decent support like you should. And he's eating up cs that can go to an actual carry or an actual tank with presence in fights.

Master Yeezus

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Walrus View Post
Lanewick can't stop any of the people you listed from completely free farming and demolishing your team. If someone stuns him while he ults he's completely boned and your carry is fine, especially if you have a decent support like you should. And he's eating up cs that can go to an actual carry or an actual tank with presence in fights.
Even if he doesn't lane against them he provides the disable needed to stop them from ****ting on your team. I fail to see how that is a bad option.

iankparks

05-28-2011

My midwick (solowick) doesn't try to take mid, and I say so. I get fed and gank top/bot to push those towers, and then whichever lane dropped a tower then comes mid to drop mine for me.

Abedeus

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyorin View Post
Too bad that Nidalee player had rocks in his head.
WW is meh-tier in the lane. If you put him up against a ranged champion that can easily clear waves of minions (Like corki or malzahar), you've got him beat.
So you don't pick WW against strong magical dealing casters?

However, any physical, melee or even close to it is bad against WW. Jax is free kill. Kassadin also easy, Karthus. Jarvan, Xin, Irelia (at least for me) are very easy, since they must come in range shorter than yours to last-hit.

Frost Walrus

05-28-2011

Quote:
Even if he doesn't lane against them he provides the disable needed to stop them from ****ting on your team. I fail to see how that is a bad option.
But if you want to give a solo lane to a tank you can give it to someone who is actually much better at disabling a carry like Shen who can constantly chase and taunt or Cho'Gath who provides group knock up/silence, and both of them provide better benefits with more CS like incredible split pushing or being immortal.

One stun and WW is screwed.

shatteredperfect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

just do what I do.

pick ww, tell your team that you are the legendary lanewick they have heard stories about.
proceed to inflate your ego every chance you get.

iankparks

05-28-2011

+1

Master Yeezus

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Walrus View Post
But if you want to give a solo lane to a tank you can give it to someone who is actually much better at disabling a carry like Shen who can constantly chase and taunt or Cho'Gath who provides group knock up/silence, and both of them provide better benefits with more CS like incredible split pushing or being immortal.

One stun and WW is screwed.
So put him in a duo lane and he still can disable? You're making an argument over nothing here.

Frost Walrus

05-28-2011

Quote:
So put him in a duo lane and he still can disable? You're making an argument over nothing here.
The point is WW is an awful solo lane champion and generally is bad at laning in general.

If you're saying put him in a double lane you're grasping at straws, especially since double lane is even worse.

Dr Viper MD2000

05-28-2011

what i find funny is that people still act as if this is something new to them. but hey, im not the jungling type so go figure