[Suggestion] "I Heard you coming"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

could make it so it can have effects visually. Stealth characters might make footsteps...

Kinda hard to implement, though, as even the slightest give away is death for stealth characters right now.

KingsRight

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinith View Post
I'm pretty attached to having background musing playing, so this wouldn't be good for me.

Maybe a good idea for a separate game mode down the road, but I'd a visual-only version remain.
it's called.. sliders.. you could turn down that part of the sound for you whlie the rest of us enjoy it. no need for a seperate game mode.
i want this idea to happen.

it's rather annoying watching, especially, big hero's like chogath walking around silently.

KingsRight

03-26-2010

i think all they'd have to do is tie sound que's to the model's so that when a certain animation plays and is on a certain millisecond in the animation a trigger goes off playing a sound.

in war3 model's they do it. i've edited some warcraft3 models and i could reposition the sounds so they occur just at the correct time.

so you can actually time a footstep sound to happen every time the characters feet look like they are touching the ground. i can in war3 so there is no reason why it can't happen in LoL.

Mr Geppetto

04-06-2010

Footsteps would be nice, but they shouldn't become a factor in gameplay. Invisible champs should be inaudible as well.

Let's say silent footstep elixirs were implemented. Twitch buys one and drinks it. I can no longer hear him, but I'm smart and I bought a vision ward so after he stealths I flip out and kill him anyway. Nice.

On a less serious note, the title of this topic sounds obscene.

Sh4d0wr3nD

04-08-2010

With this, when you move through water it would make splashing noises...

And when you're moving around in brush, there would be like loud crunchy kind of sounds, invisibility at the cost of volume, that kind of thing...

This is an amazing idea, but it's something that could make or break the game depending on how seriously the dev team takes this idea and how committed they are in the implementation.

Areola

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-21-2010

Shameless Self Bump.

I think this needs to gain Popularity to gain momentum.

Areola

Recruiter

12-27-2010

k

Jinormous Jayce

02-15-2011

I can just see this new item coming out if this gets implemented.

Boots of Softness- Reduce footstep sounds by 50%