[Advice] League of Legends Window Disappears

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diarka

06-11-2011

Thank you so much. I don't know which part fixed it because I kinda...did all of them (I'm desperate ok? Yes I know it's sad...). Killed my AV, uninstalled everything remotely related to LoL, deleted any leftovers, cleaned registry, restarted comp, reinstalled AV, reinstalled LoL and was able to get into a custom match (my problem was game shutting off after champ selection, which got me two leaves ).

Thank you again, I've been fairly depressed last few days over this haha

Mmmoe

06-18-2011

This advice is useless for me sad face

normansu

06-21-2011

ok this is already the 2nd time this has happened to me

both of the times it was because i had a virus, and then the next day, LoL stopped working. I had to wait till the next patch in order to start playing again.

this is seriously pissing me off and i don't have to keep waiting till the next patch in order to fix my launcher.

ugh

Im The Best Lux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

ok, this is what i did and it worked for me

1. uninstall LoL
2. go to your C drive and delete your riot folder and all your League of Legends folder.
3. reboot computer (i didnt do it, but i guess i wont hurt to be safe)
4. reinstall LoL and play ;D

my issue was after i pressed the "play" button on the launcher, nothing popped up...

i hope this helps

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2011

Thanks to everyone for posting the methods they fixed it - I know these still aren't 100% unfortunately but if it helps even a few people it's definitely worth keeping bumped!

Zarlen

06-24-2011

Hey everyone. I had this problem today. I system restored and all this occured.

The first option is what did the trick for me. I deleted the folder: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher and re-opened LoL. It downloaded some files again and went through what looked like the most recent patch. (I system restored, which what caused this problem) After about 20 minutes, everything was fixed and it's running great now. =)

Flayne

06-24-2011

hi all, my problem is the game closes at the loading window when my window loads to 100%, however this is at my house, on weekdays I live somewhere else, and the game works perfectly there, but when i come here and load a game, it seems as though it gets blocked or something, it just simply closes without any warning or message.
so, deleting stuff may not solve the problem I have or portforwarding.
The person at the place where it works recently got a new router and my game worked anyway at that place, so I don't think its an internal router firewall, though I am not sure, please help!

Lanniffer

06-24-2011

I'm in love with you guys. It works <3

Eambo

06-24-2011

Thanks for letting us know, Lanniffer. Much appreciated. And everyone else who has gave their feedback too - positive or negative it helps us get a grasp of how many people are affected and more importantly how many people can get their issue resolved with these steps.

NVe Krux

06-24-2011

After I select my champion and the game is supposed to go to loading screen after the countdown is over, the game is just totally closing. If I open it up again, it says I am in a match and need to reconnect, but when I do so, the game just closes again. I never see the loading screen, after I press reconnect it just closes. What do I do? (I am missing a game now because of this)

It is not hapenning on the patcher, it is happening after the game clock has counted down, same issue?