Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Advice] League of Legends Window Disappears

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laiooothy

06-05-2011

I think my problem was the system restore, everything was working fine until then.
I'm gonna do a system restore and install all the new updates and come back and post in this thread

phosureee

06-05-2011

My LoL has not been working since I system restored. Now when I click the play button, it takes me nowhere like I haven't even touched it. If i try to open it again, it'll say that I already have the launcher open. I tried undo-ing my system restore but the problem is still occurring. PLEASE HELP! I AM IN NEED OF LOL

izReflex

06-05-2011

OMG! Thank you so much for this suggestion. It finally worked after 10 hours of reinstalling, updating drivers and other stuff. Finally a thing that works! Tried the 1.1 suggestion btw

Wench Fister

06-05-2011

well, ive reinstalled 6 times, and im not doing it again, ive spent enough money on this **** game hours and hours and hours of my ****ing time wasted, i get to the click play and server status online, and i click play and nothing ****ing runs.

Gliendel

06-05-2011

I just did practically everything and it still won't work. I'm getting frustrated because this has never happened before.

FearME KeN

06-05-2011

Quote:
Eambo:
Issue:

League of Legends badge shows up, then disappears.
League of Legends disappears after hitting 'Play'.

Cause:

Multiple known, some unknown.

Potential causes:
- Windows Updates
- System Restores
- Firewall/Antivirus issues.

Potential Fixes:

1) Delete the folder: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher
Re-open LoL. During this time the badge will show as it redownloads the files. Please do not click the badge until it either disappears of LoL opens.

1.1) Similar idea here:

Try the following:
  • Delete
    • everything inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\downloads
    • lol_air_client and lol_air_client_config_na inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects
    • everything inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions
  • Restart the computer.
  • Run League of Legends in Administrator Mode.

2) Right click League of Legends and go to 'Run As Admin' (Windows Vista/Seven)

3) Try disabling 'User Account Control' (Windows Vista/Seven)

4) Make sure you have all Windows updates, including optionals.

5) Try uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Explorer 8.

6) Disable any Antivirus or Firewall software you have. Note that some software may actually need completely removed, as disabling isn't enough. This is only temporary of course, but try uninstalling and testing LoL - and reinstall after you've tested.

7) Repairing League of Legends. (http://76.73.13.30/Guides/Repairing%20League%20of%20Legends.zip)

8) Full Clean Reinstall

This one is slightly annoying due to what is required, but fixes this a majority of the time.

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234176-reinstalling-league-of-legends

How this differs from a normal reinstall:

- Uninstall League of Legends from Add/Remove programs
- Uninstall Adobe Air from Add/Remove programs
- Uninstall Pando Media Booster from Add/Remove Programs
- Delete any traces of LoL left behind
- Run CCleaner (http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner) and clean any registry issues
- Delete any and all traces of LoL left behind
- Reinstall.

If anyone has further suggestions of what could be causing this or how to fix it, it's very welcome! :-)

i deleted it and when i "run as admin" it begins to downloading something again isnt it?

Khalexon

06-06-2011

STOP COMPLAINING EVERYONE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TEDIOUS AND UNINSTALLING OR ANYTHING, ALL YOU NEED ARE JUST A FEW SIMPLE STEPS!

1. Double Click on LoL, wait for the badge to pop up and disappear

2. When you see the window with the "Play" button come up, don't click on the "Play" Button

3. On the top right hand corner of this window, you'll see the "x" button the "_" button, and a button that looks like " 2 GEARS"

4. Double click on that gear, and a blue window will pop up, and in the middle you'll see a "repair" button, ( it will say it'll take a long time, but it'll just take no more than 10 minutes, go watch youtube or something while you're waiting )

5. Wait for the repairs to be done, and when it's done, you'll see the "PLAY" button again, click on it

6. ENJOY THE GAME

P.S. For all those people who are complaining about how LoL sucks and having bad support, calm your *** down, all games have repair systems, just try them once in a while, instead of bashing on them just cause of some simple little problem.

Nunu22

06-06-2011

Quote:
Khalexon:
STOP COMPLAINING EVERYONE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TEDIOUS AND UNINSTALLING OR ANYTHING, ALL YOU NEED ARE JUST A FEW SIMPLE STEPS!

1. Double Click on LoL, wait for the badge to pop up and disappear

2. When you see the window with the "Play" button come up, don't click on the "Play" Button

3. On the top right hand corner of this window, you'll see the "x" button the "_" button, and a button that looks like " 2 GEARS"

4. Double click on that gear, and a blue window will pop up, and in the middle you'll see a "repair" button, ( it will say it'll take a long time, but it'll just take no more than 10 minutes, go watch youtube or something while you're waiting )

5. Wait for the repairs to be done, and when it's done, you'll see the "PLAY" button again, click on it

6. ENJOY THE GAME

P.S. For all those people who are complaining about how LoL sucks and having bad support, calm your *** down, all games have repair systems, just try them once in a while, instead of bashing on them just cause of some simple little problem.

You know most of the time i would agree with a comment like that.. but this is not one of those times. the repair is the very first thing i tried... i also tried all the suggested 'fixes; on this thread.. i even downloaded a new client last night.. still nothing.. my windows is updated, my graphics card drivers are updated, LoL is made as an exception in my windows firewall and i switch off my anti virus completely when trying to play.

Most of us are complaining because money has been spent on new champs and skins and nobody cares.. or at least that's what it feels like -_-

Laiooothy

06-06-2011

I have friends who are paying customers and they have this problem.
They are pretty angry....why do we have to go through all of these steps which I estimate to take up to 10 hours. Fix this.

Great game, bad support

SicoCz

06-11-2011

Hi. I had that problem too after system restore.
League of Legends badge shows up, then disappears.
My OS is XP/home, and my solution is very easy and stupid
Download SP 3 and all windows actualizations!