Weird Connection Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrPurple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

Okay for the past week I thought I have been having bad internet problems concerning slow connections but then I found out that LoL has been making my internet that way
whenever i open LoL my internet proceeds to slow down significantly when I perform speed checks I'm literally at a fraction of what my internet is normally capable of and this only happens when I open LoL for my internet to go back to normal I normally have to restart my computer

My internet is fine when i play other games it's only after the fact I launch LoL does my internet slow down
I've cleared temp files and cookies etc. and even reinstalled LoL still slowing my internet down 10 folds
*Edit*
my normal ping is 100-150 now it goes up to 1000+
Turns out I'm already plugged directly into the modem and this I still have the problem any suggestions
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...-8727#feedback

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

08-12-2010

Most likely your router is unable to properly handle the traffic type required to play LoL. The best test would be to try plugging directly into your modem and see if that resolves the problem.

DrPurple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

thanks for the comment
but on a side note its odd that it started happening only recently

DrPurple

08-13-2010

bump
could really use help on this

DrPurple

08-14-2010

very odd the lag issues went away o.o

XThe DarknessX

08-14-2010

I had that problem too. Here was the problem, when you download League of Legends it also makes you download (without asking) PMB.exe. Pando Media Booster. This program dramatically slows you down and allows hackers access to your computer. It is a legitimate program NOT designed to do these things, but it is what it is. Please research PMB.exe on the internet if you do not believe me. Literally THE DAY AFTER i downloaded league of legends, my wow account got hacked by gold spammers. I attribute this to PMB.exe. You can uninstall PMB.exe from your add/remove programs menu in windows. that should solve your problem

DrPurple

08-14-2010

oh really cuz even tho i didnt do that it stopped lagging on its own

Exxcar

05-25-2011

I can confirm that uninstalling PBM.exe DID fix the issue for me.

Thanks Darkness.

Jematix

07-14-2011

Yes once I uninstalled Panda Media Booster my internet immediately went back to normal.... its in the add/remove programs list in your control panel