[Advice] League of Legends Window Disappears

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

Issue:

League of Legends badge shows up, then disappears.
League of Legends disappears after hitting 'Play'.

Cause:

Multiple known, some unknown.

Potential causes:
- Windows Updates
- System Restores
- Firewall/Antivirus issues.

Potential Fixes:

1) Try right clicking the League of Legends launcher and going to 'Run as Admin' (Windows Vista/Seven)

2) Ensure you are logged into an Administrative account on the computer

3) Try disabling User Account Control. Go to Start --> Control Panel, and search for User Account Control. Disable this temporarily. (Windows Vista/Seven)

4) Ensure you have ALL Windows updates, including the optionals.

5) Try uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Explorer 8

6) Try repairing League of Legends: http://76.73.13.30/Guides/Repairing%...%20Legends.zip

7) Disable any Antivirus or Firewall software you have. Note that some software may actually need completely removed, as disabling isn't enough. This is only temporary of course, but try uninstalling and testing LoL - and reinstall after you've tested.

8) Delete the folder: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher
Re-open LoL. During this time the badge will show as it redownloads the files. Please do not click the badge until it either disappears of LoL opens.

8.1) Similar to 8:

Try the following:

Delete:
- everything inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\downloads
- lol_air_client and lol_air_client_config_na inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects
- everything inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions

After deleting ,restart your computer. When restarted, run League of Legends in Administrator Mode.

9)
9) Full Clean Reinstall

This one is slightly annoying due to what is required, but fixes this a majority of the time.

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends

How this differs from a normal reinstall:

- Uninstall League of Legends from Add/Remove programs
- Uninstall Adobe Air from Add/Remove programs
- Uninstall Pando Media Booster from Add/Remove Programs
- Delete any traces of LoL left behind
- Run http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner and clean any registry issues
- Delete any and all traces of LoL left behind
- Reinstall.

If anyone has further suggestions of what could be causing this or how to fix it, it's very welcome! :-)

SaintAndSavior

05-27-2011

Cause:

Multiple known, some unknown.

Potential causes:
- Windows Updates
- System Restores
- Firewall/Antivirus issues.

Are you serious? You label a windows update as a problem? Why are you not fixing this? I paid good money to buy champions and other things for this game, over $375.00, if this is no resolved, I can and will call my bank and claim you defrauded me and have them give me my money back.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

05-27-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thank you for your feedback SaintAndSavior. If you need to follow up a support.leagueoflegends.com ticket, please do so via that site. We will happily address your concern.

Eryk

Recruiter

05-28-2011

I have this problem too, got it exactly after I system restored.
I tried deleting the folder and relaunching in admin - didn't work
I don't have UAC on.
My firewalls allow the game but I haven't tried uninstalling them.
Currently repairing.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

Hi Tacitly,

If you're getting the issue after hitting 'play', usually the main fix is the final step - fully doing a clean uninstall and reinstalling. I put it as a last step because I hate recommending a reinstall but hopefully that should work if the repair doesn't :-)

Eryk

Recruiter

05-28-2011

Hey Eambo,

I believe you're right and I agree, I completely hate reinstalling. The repair has NOT work and I am going to do the full reinstall now. Thanks for your help, I will give feedback after I have done so. It might take a while since I have slow internet T_T.

Eambo

05-28-2011

If you still have the installer files lying around you could probably use them - the main part is as mentioned to clean up all the remnants left behind of the old install =-)

Georg51

05-28-2011

Tried everything, full repair didn't work.

I'm uninstalling. Not sure if I'm going to reinstall given how buggy this decrepit game is, happily I haven't sunk too much cash into it. Trash.

Eryk

Recruiter

05-28-2011

I should have kept the installer and will probably keep it this time.
My clean install should be done. I'm using a different registry cleaner known as Ace Utilities.

chádaminhatia

05-28-2011

1) Delete the folder: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher
Re-open LoL. During this time the badge will show as it redownloads the files. Please do not click the badge until it either disappears of LoL opens.

Just did this, and i'm redownloading some files trough the launcher right now. Thanks riot
By the way, i had the error where the LoL thing would appear in the middle of the screen for five seconds and then dissapear.

12345 ... 8