How to get better FPS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diminga

05-27-2011

I run LoL on 3~15 FPS every game.
My computer is trash, though I want to know how to increase it without paying money.

The DemiGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

overclocking, virus scan , disk scan , disk error , defrag
check these online or you search if you have vista and use these speed up your cpu a bit however I have no idea if this effects your fps.

Wyndow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

play on lowest quality settings

loftie87

05-27-2011

What are your pc specs?

Pigasaurus

05-27-2011

Run the lowest possible graphics settings. Make sure that you don't have other window's open while playing.

I have a pretty bad PC with a 5 year old GPU, and I have to do this in order to get 30 fps.

Rolloneup

05-27-2011

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graffics card. Also close any background programs that arnt essential to your pc operating.

Lord Bro

05-27-2011

I'm SICK of hearing trash like everyone has posted, e.g., "RUN A VIRUS SCAN, SHUT OFF BACKGROUND PROGS HEHEHHE... UEHEHEHEHE". It's garbage advice, and if the OP has any brains at all, not the root problem.

The real reason your FPS sucks? Your FPS will gradually decline over time, because Riot repeatedly introduces new particle effects, that even on the lowest-quality settings, will hurt performance.

A year ago, on the absolute lowest settings, I would consistently be at 60-90 FPS on my PC during 5v5 games. Over the many patches during the past year -- with no other changes being made to my PC -- my FPS has fallen.

For example, after Nocturne's release, in all games vs. Nocturne my FPS often drops to 10-15 suddenly for extended periods of time.

This is with the absolute lowest settings possible. It has to do with particle effects.

Check the Tech Help forum, some kid deleted a bunch of particle files, and his FPS improved dramatically.

Diøs

Recruiter

05-27-2011

Remove the shadow
Uncheck wait for vertical sync
Choose the Benchmark thing for the fps

Gløry

05-27-2011

I have a great computer and I changed nothing about it but lately I've been stuck at 12 FPS all game long, every game.

I turned all my settings down, and it still happens.

wat do

Pantsizonfire

05-27-2011

Disable sound, best thing you can do.