All Support Team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Remunial

05-27-2011

I had a similar situation the other day and I had a blast. Some of the most fun i've ever had playing this game. Our team was Sona, Soraka, Kayle, Janna and Katarina. With all of the heals we had we could keep everyone alive until they wasted their CC. At that point Kat could jump in and ult. With her cooldowns replenishing so quickly after kills it was pretty easy after we got the first enemy down in a teamfight.

It wouldn't work in every game, and I wouldn't suggest doing it in a ranked match. It's too easily countered with magic resistance and teamwork. I was just fortunate that my enemies didn't work well together.

Tirote

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom99 View Post
It's not hard to understand.

-Allister and Taric can pull off tank builds
-Sona and Janna can both pull of AD builds
-Soraka would be the support for the team comp
-Allister can also jungle
-The team has decent CC

The moral of the story is that support in this game is usually dual roled. Is the team comp optimal? probably not, can it win? sure.
Most see this build as extremely gimped, there are better heroes to pick as AD, the fact that you were a premade and going against solo que is why you won. That **** wont fly against good players period. I love Sona, she is my favorite hero but I dont stack AD because it just gimps her. Her AP doesn't scale all that well either but she excels at auras and well placed hard cc.

VileBlade

05-28-2011

Yup, played against a team similar to this recently. Their comp:

Taric (AD/AS)
Soraka
Kayle
Zilean
Sona

Our comp had little to no CC, and even with our silly dps output, couldn't kill Taric before he ripped into three of us and got a triple kill. Was completely outrageous. It was a pretty fair fight up until the very end, when Taric started rolling people. He'd tower dive with Kayle's ult, stun someone, and kill them. The heals kept him up long enough to kill another person, usually, and even if we did get close to killing him, Zilean would pop his ult on him, and that was that. If we went for ANYONE else besides Taric, we'd get CC'ed and slowed to death, even with everyone stacking some tenacity. Was a ****-show at the end of it all, and we couldn't do anything at all to stop their pushes.

Felt bad, man...

puzzletrocity

05-28-2011

We won an all tank team. You can win if u out heal them from their damage.

TABULIN

06-02-2011

i just came out of a fight with an All Support Team
Karma, Kayle, Morgana, Sona, and me Nidalee
fun fight for us, frustrating for enemy team,our heals and shields where just too much for them, plus Nidalee`s spears and the damage in Cougar Form...
fun game

FaerellG

06-02-2011

I've done 4 support 1 carry before. pretty amazing.

Carry was Trynd
Supports were: Shen, Lux, Morg, Kayle

we'd stack 3 shields on Trynd, he would kill 2 before they even got him low. Then pops rage and kills more...if anything is still alive, Kayle drops her ult on him. Trynd went like 36 kills, and the rest of us got like 10-15 assists each.

Lux and morg snare suckers, Kayle provides a bit of ranged DPS and Heals.
Shen split pushes all day long and ults in for some shields and taunts when needed.

feed the trynd, shield the trynd, ride the trynd.

Admittedly, this is a much more balanced team than all supports. Packing a tank, a carry, and 3 characters that do decent damage (morg's snare+tainted soil, lux's lasers pew pew, and Kayle's lategame is practically a ranged AoE carry with fury up).

But the big thing is, it was impossible to kill Trynd. Between rage, 3 shields (one that stops CC), and a 2 sec invuln...you really can't kill him if we're paying attention.

w3ak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Support characters are AP characters, so stacking AP means they'll do good damage to towers just with auto attacks.
Wut.

Seyfert dop

06-02-2011

So people forgot the heal ball meta? School must be out for summer. Heal ball was pretty bad awhile ago but was put down by the aoe meta / press r to win. It works very well.

Nervous Virgin

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VileBlade View Post
Yup, played against a team similar to this recently.

Our comp had little to no CC, and even with our silly dps output, couldn't kill Taric before he ripped into three of us and got a triple kill. Was completely outrageous
Taric working as intended.

THEinvAZN

06-02-2011

Karma's a great pusher and deals a ton of damage if you build her right. Alistar's knockup and Taric's stun owns enemy carries without needing ad champs