All Support Team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xTrizzx

05-27-2011

So I just played a game where we had a Alistar, Sona, Karma, Taric, and Soraka.

Some how we dominated them and only lost one tower. They started getting a few kills when they would bait us into the jungle and Shaco would have like 5 traps down.

I am still amazed at how we pulled this off.

consoler

05-27-2011

Whats the problem? More than 1 support is usually a bad idea from the get go unless they have massive team coordination. This is an offensive game in my eyes. You need offensive champs to kill towers and champions. Even when you used to be able to have 4 support and 1 carry and just group and support the carry and wreck house is over because of nerfs to shields, heals, etc.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

So I'm just curious. How in the world did you ever kill anyone? Or push down any towers for that matter?

FaerellG

05-27-2011

Support characters are AP characters, so stacking AP means they'll do good damage to towers just with auto attacks. Winning teamfights can be done through sheer attrition and CC.
Alistar - small radius AoE knockup + stun, and a displacement
Sona - ult large AoE disable
Taric - single target stun.

They all can do some decent burst damage as well. Alistair's combos hurt pretty nicely.
Taric's shield shatter is pretty good too.
Sona's passive makes for a small mini nuke
Karma's shield + taric's auras can keep squishier characters alive.

Taric is actually an amazing tower pusher as well.

soraka just sustains the team with mana and big heals. ontop of that she has good harass with the starfall thing.

Obviously a balanced and coordinated team would be able to beat this set up, but this all support set up definitely has it's advantages...namely...not dying ever.

Eddiot

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaaja View Post
So I'm just curious. How in the world did you ever kill anyone? Or push down any towers for that matter?
I'd be guess because the other team couldn't kill them(5 freaking heals) and in no way could the other team leave, karma speed/slow, taric stun, ali knock-up and push, sona's stun ult and speed boost. Need tank? Where soraka +16 mr and taric + armor. The other team stacking mr? starcall 20*6(I think)(and yes it can go negative mr).

xTrizzx

05-27-2011

We just did it again but instead of Sona we had Lux. I do not really understand how we are doing it but I have screen shots if anyone is interested.

Ebonclaw

05-27-2011

Ali, Sona, and Karma can all do significant damage with a lot of AP. Ali, Sona, and Soraka can all carry Lichbane and put it to excellent use.

I would swap Taric for Kayle, trading a better heal and a stun for bubble and much higher damage output.

NoX Zenilant

05-27-2011

Done it once with the same team except with Kayle instead of Taric. It was extremely fun, and actually did quite a bit of damage. To be fair though, at least two people on the other team weren't doing so well and were probably solo queue while we were arranged and had Ventrilo. Coordination has a lot to do with it; having 6 heals counting Soraka's ult (or more with summoner spells) helped keep us alive and in-lane during laning phase. Karma, Sona and Kayle all do good damage when built right and their builds help scale their heals, too. It's also great that every member of the team has some sort of CC, even if it's just slows.

Eddiot

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
Ali, Sona, and Karma can all do significant damage with a lot of AP. Ali, Sona, and Soraka can all carry Lichbane and put it to excellent use.

I would swap Taric for Kayle, trading a better heal and a stun for bubble and much higher damage output.
more to the point soraka says no to enemy mr stacking.

gom99

05-27-2011

It's not hard to understand.

-Allister and Taric can pull off tank builds
-Sona and Janna can both pull of AD builds
-Soraka would be the support for the team comp
-Allister can also jungle
-The team has decent CC

The moral of the story is that support in this game is usually dual roled. Is the team comp optimal? probably not, can it win? sure.