Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cubik

05-27-2011

This has been happening to me a lot. It happens randomly but almost always when i play a game. Sometimes it makes my Pc crash(Blue Screen of Death Error), sometimes it forces me to restart my pc by pressing the power button and most of the times just makes my screen go black.

My rig has:
4gb Ram
Win7 64-bit
i3 processor
512mb MSi N8400GS graphic card(powered by Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (with updated graphic drivers)

It happens when i play LOL, when i browse the web, when i play Minecraft, or when im just watching a movie.
Can anyone help me?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

I'd try the following:

- Uninstall anything Nvidia Related from Add/Remove programs, including your drivers
- Download Driver Sweeper
- Reboot your PC and keep tapping F8 before the Windows Logo. You should get an option to boot into 'Safe Mode with Networking'
- Run Driver Sweeper and clean up any Nvidia drivers left behind
- Reboot and reinstall your drivers

If this doesn't work, it could be a sign of a physically faulty card causing crashes.

Cubik

05-27-2011

Okay, Thanks a lot
I will try it tomorrow morning and let you know

Dubstepflo

05-27-2011

That's what i was getting yesterday morning but it only did it while playing LoL, all my other games play fine and all are on max settings any idea's? (besides turning the LoL settings down friend already told me that, it didnt work)

Cubik

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstepflo View Post
That's what i was getting yesterday morning but it only did it while playing LoL, all my other games play fine and all are on max settings any idea's?
Eambo's process has brought down the occurance by a lot! I would suggest you trying it

Jj1nN

12-02-2011

cubik, just checking.

Did the problem initially start when playing LoL? Where did you encounter the problem the very first time?