GpK tournament.... LOL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razius

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuiD112 View Post
Thank you for stepping up and resolving the situation Dapacman.
He didn't resolve anything, he honestly just shifted blame to something else when the real fault lies in his team's inadequacy at running a proper tournament.

It was a bad call on behalf of GpK's appointed ref that started this, don't forget that, the players don't matter, the ruling does. If he was tired of reginald he should have just DQ'd him and had them sub someone else in, just like if you start yelling at a Ref in any RL sports.

Not to mention Ark trolling and raging the entire start of this thread instead of clearing up facts or calming the situation, i couldn't tell his posts from Reg's tbh.

The GpK tourneys have all been fine sofar, but after this you guys need to take a step back and rethink your rules and the admins you are trusting with representation of your reputation. You guys haven't had the decency to come out and officially announce on behalf of GpK that it was a bad call by your ref, regardless of whatever else happened.

Stop trying to throw the blame on anything else you can find. it doesn't add to your credibility or that of your tourney, and stop flaming the community, there were over 400 people present because of livestreams who you should partially be listening to, without viewers your tourneys don't really mean very much. Just a bunch of high-skilled players high-fiving eachother over wins doesn't mean much.

TLDR: Unprofessional attitudes and no accountability does not a good name make.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
You should not lose from a coin flip when you were 1/0 in your favor.
It was essentially 1/1 in neither favor. Do you know how a double elim tourny works?

Dapacman

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razius View Post
He didn't resolve anything, he honestly just shifted blame to something else when the real fault lies in his team's inadequacy at running a proper tournament.

It was a bad call on behalf of GpK's appointed ref that started this, don't forget that, the players don't matter, the ruling does. If he was tired of reginald he should have just DQ'd him and had them sub someone else in, just like if you start yelling at a Ref in any RL sports.

Not to mention Ark trolling and raging the entire start of this thread instead of clearing up facts or calming the situation, i couldn't tell his posts from Reg's tbh.

The GpK tourneys have all been fine sofar, but after this you guys need to take a step back and rethink your rules and the admins you are trusting with representation of your reputation. You guys haven't had the decency to come out and officially announce on behalf of GpK that it was a bad call by your ref, regardless of whatever else happened.

Stop trying to throw the blame on anything else you can find. it doesn't add to your credibility or that of your tourney, and stop flaming the community, there were over 400 people present because of livestreams who you should partially be listening to, without viewers your tourneys don't really mean very much. Just a bunch of high-skilled players high-fiving eachother over wins doesn't mean much.

TLDR: Unprofessional attitudes and no accountability does not a good name make.
Oh believe me, this entire experience was a learning experience. However, if you are going to argue that the "ref made the wrong call," then you simply didn't experience what the rest of us did.

First note:
The tournament was fine up until this point. No hitches. No issues. The admins were even nice enough to let the CLEARLY ungrateful AoN members into the tournament 25 minutes late (if there was a true mistake made, that was it, because that's why all this happened).

Second note:
You are right. Reginald should have been thrown out of the vent and DQ'ed from the tournament. We have already stated, EVERY ONE of us has already stated, that we SHOULD have thrown him out of the tournament. That part was the admins fault. It's sad that giving leeway makes the admins into the bad guys in the long run.

Third note:
Actions have consequences. That has been the argument by every person that has talked against "The Call." How about this for a consequence: If your TEAM CAPTAIN comes into a vent and rages for over an hour, wastes everybody's time and won't agree to a reasonable solution, he gets his entire team DQ'ed. It's very cut-and-dry. We have Team Captains for a reason, because they are spokespeople for their teams. You can blame the refs all you want, but Reginald got AoN DQ'ed in the long run. Krebb and L0CUST were right at the point of just declaring a restart (literally starting the match over and ignoring the problem) when Reginald threw a temper tantrum. How have you not figured this out yet? It's pretty simple.

I'll reiterate, in case you missed it AGAIN: Reginald's 10-year-old girl temper tantrum made what you call "refs" angry enough to eject his entire team. Don't combat this with some stupid sports analogy about how "coaches getting ejected doesn't get their team ejected." Coaches aren't players. And this is not a sport.

Fourth Note:
In case you haven't noticed, MESSIAH made the thread. We didn't. Messiah started the flame war. We didn't. Just a side note, flaming a topic by calling everybody else a flamer is the exact definition of hypocritical.

Dapacman

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post
Your reputations follows you Regi. Good or bad, you have to take it how it comes. You've created this "monster" and now you have to live with it. It is what it is. What I am basically saying is that when people were alleging you of raging/being immature, it was honestly hard to NOT believe them. I'm not saying I know who's wrong or who's right or honestly if there is anything "right" about this situation at this point. You guys need to drop this case and move forward. We need to stop bickering and stop making LoL's community look like a joke. I'm actually not sure why this thread hasn't been closed yet to be quite honest with you...

And @dapacman

Please do not equate all top/good players with this stereotype of solomid and vice versa. Do not let the actions of a few overshadow the reality of the majority (this goes both ways -- for example I know plenty of mature/chill people that are a part of the solomid community).
To be fair statikk, I had this disclaimer:

"This is not to say that EVERY top player is a garbage human being. We did not have EVERY top player in our tournament this weekend, so that is unfair to say."

This was before I began talking about individual top-player members. I still have a great deal of respect for a lot of Council members, they just aren't named Reginald or Messiah. In fact, I feel bad for TakashiX, since he was on the team that got DQ'ed, he played well enough to win and didn't deserve to get caught in the crossfire.

Dapacman

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
Why are you avoiding it , you fken lying *******. TELL THE COMMUNITY, DID I FLAME YOU? DID I CUSS AT ANYONE? LOL you're truly pathetic... Did i start this thread? Was my team even in vent anymore after 10 minutes, after you told us we were disqualified. You're absolutely wrong you fken moron. Our whole team left vent, besides tymed- which was a sub AND he was just sitting there. Why would you put words in my mouth telling people i flamed you? You fk tard. Lawl, the funny thing is l0cust is lying out of his ass telling everyone i started flaming, so he wanted the forfeit. KREBB WHY DONT YOU TELL EVERYONE THE TRUTH ABOUT HOW L0cust just *****ed out and wanted the forfeit and how i didnt even flame UNTIL IT HIT FORUMS WHEN L0cUST STARTED lying out of his ass.

Why are you including me into the pile of people who flamed you, that has nothing to do with my team? But are simply viewers that saw the situation of how ******ed you are? Are you guys really trying to use me as a scape goat LAWL? Your tournament is trash.
Do everybody a favor and try making an entire post without curse words or full caps-lock sentences. It might raise your credibility a small, small amount. It's really sad how blatantly obvious your rage is. I figured you got all your flaming out in the vent, but apparently you are a bottomless well of tears and anger.

srsmode

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post
However, if you are going to argue that the "ref made the wrong call," then you simply didn't experience what the rest of us did.
[...]
That part was the admins fault.
Continue.

Dapacman

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmode View Post
Continue.
Since I didn't run the tournament (I've said this like 9 times now), then you're looking to the wrong person. Let it die.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-22-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post
Alright, so we've discussed the future of the tournament itself.

Basically, the decision was pretty simple. We have, since we started running the tournament, had virtually zero issues up until this past weekend. So essentially, we are not going to let a few bad apples spoil our fun. We still enjoy these tournaments, and we are still going to run them in the future. I am fairly certain we are staying on schedule and running the next tournament in 12 days.

For all of you in the community who are choosing sides, especially those who weren't there when any of this happened, go ahead and have a field day. It's not going to deter us from running our tournament. It's not going to deter our regulars from playing in our tournament every week. I've spoken with a number of them, and they all support us, namely because they know our tournament is legitimate (with the exception of this one mishap).

This is not to say that EVERY top player is a garbage human being. We did not have EVERY top player in our tournament this weekend, so that is unfair to say. However, some of the players on those final two teams are not welcome ever again.

I doubt the other members of the Council or the other top-Elo players will want to play in our tournament after this past weekend, and that is completely fine with us. We are returning to our roots and putting on more friendly tournaments for the mid-Elo competitive scene. We *might* also change the name of the tournament, just to expel the final remnants of this disgraceful display of humanity for good. Details will be posted sometime during the week about the format.

I would also like to ask any Admins (although it won't happen, sadly) to close this worthless 60-page cryfest. It's long overdue and is 90% filled with people who had nothing to do with anything about the tournament AT ALL.

Until then, you can all feel free to resume your speculations. I've already posted what happened twice, believe whatever you want.

Pete
"Dapacman"
PROUD to be 1/5 of GpK
Locked.