a little help with jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zezkiael

05-27-2011

Ok so i kinda wanna start playing jax again but i have no idea how to build or exactly play him been over a year since i last did. any help please?

BlackNadir

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezkiael View Post
Ok so i kinda wanna start playing jax again but i have no idea how to build or exactly play him been over a year since i last did. any help please?
Here's how I build him:

boots of speed + health pots
-->Ninja Tabi
Rageblade OR Gunblade
Gunblade OR Rageblade
Atma's Impaler

Those four are your core. I tend to spend the last two slots depending on how the game is going.

Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel or Frozen Mallet are all solid defensive choices.

I try not to have to build anything else until I have Tabi, Rage, and Gunblade. Then if I need them, I'll build into defense before getting the impaler.

Masteries: 21/9/0
Runes: Flat AD/Dodge/APperLevel/Flat AD quints.

Summoner Abilities: Exhaust / Ghost / Ignite (I prefer Exhaust/Ghost).

Skills: Leapstrike > Dodge > Ultimate > Empower

Most games you'll easily be able to poke people for huge damage at low levels by effectively using Leapstrike and then running away. If you can, get a lane partner with CC. If you jump at them and they decide to fight back, you want your partner to be able to make them pay for their poor judgement by CCing them and allowing you to do even more damage.

I get level one kills all the time when I lane with a buddy who plays Blitz a lot.

Do not forget to actually USE your gunblade!

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-27-2011

Rageblade doesn't cut it. Shoes - gunblade - atkspd item (I like Malady) - gunblade - veil/atma is you want to make them cry.

Omnissions

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNadir View Post
Here's how I build him:

boots of speed + health pots
-->Ninja Tabi
Rageblade OR Gunblade
Gunblade OR Rageblade
Atma's Impaler

Those four are your core. I tend to spend the last two slots depending on how the game is going.

Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel or Frozen Mallet are all solid defensive choices.

I try not to have to build anything else until I have Tabi, Rage, and Gunblade. Then if I need them, I'll build into defense before getting the impaler.

Masteries: 21/9/0
Runes: Flat AD/Dodge/APperLevel/Flat AD quints.

Summoner Abilities: Exhaust / Ghost / Ignite (I prefer Exhaust/Ghost).

Skills: Leapstrike > Dodge > Ultimate > Empower

Most games you'll easily be able to poke people for huge damage at low levels by effectively using Leapstrike and then running away. If you can, get a lane partner with CC. If you jump at them and they decide to fight back, you want your partner to be able to make them pay for their poor judgement by CCing them and allowing you to do even more damage.

I get level one kills all the time when I lane with a buddy who plays Blitz a lot.

Do not forget to actually USE your gunblade!
This is generally what I do, with ap quints instead of ad (because I do not own AD >.>) Also, use common sense when following any build. If the team has 4 AP characters and only 1 AD, it would probably be a smart decision to substitute that ninja tabi for mercury treads.I usually build my shoes and gunblade first. Rageblade is a very good item on jax, the only con to it is that is takes a couple seconds to get rolling in a fight, which may be the difference between a kill or a death. After gunblade I usually grab a negatron cloak or chain vest, then go for rabadons(going AP), or pretty much whatever AD item I feel I need. As your fourth item, i generally build atmas, then from there, build based on the game.

thisgameequalsdorks

05-27-2011

Red - AS
Yellow - Dodge
Blue - MR/CDR
Quint - AP/AD/AS/Dodge

try a 13-16-1 masteries (AS/Magic Pen, Evasion+Health, Ghost upgrade)

R>Q>E>W

- level 2 boots first, dont be afraid to get merc treads, you WILL BE FOCUSED.
- bilgewater cutlass first of nonboot items - if you take ghost/ignite, you can roam once you have a few levels to empower, leapstrike, bilgewater, ignite, autoattack, for some pretty easy kills (usually starts around level 6).
- finish the gunblade
- rylais - nobody will want to fight you, so you need to keep em close. if you've been prioritizing your Q, you will be able to leap/slow them everytime they try to run.
- rest of your items depend. atmas, GA (if youre the only carry and keep getting focused), abyssal/lichbane - all good. i dont find AS is really necessary.

dont forget to hit R before you enter the scrum!

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

How do you guys level your skills? I was maxing out counter-strike first, after putting one in empower and leap strike, but I think I like maxing out empower and leap first, as it seems to take a big bite out of the people I'm laning against.

Kvoth3

05-30-2011

I do one level of counter strike, then I level up empower and leap strike equally. Counter-strike doesn't increase in dodge and damage very much, while the other two get greatly reduced cooldowns. Then again, I do a jungle jax.

For items, I like to run a Rylai's for slowing targets, but that isn't a premier option in every game. Gunblade and red buff is usually enough to slow down the squishies that you're chasing.

Sepulchur

05-30-2011

Well, this is my build:

Cloth Armor+% Health pots (Change to Ninja Tabi later on first)
Rageblade
Bloodthirster (Sell it for a Gunblade later on)
Black Cleaver
Infinity Edge
Deathcap

Shamanb

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paqi View Post
How do you guys level your skills? I was maxing out counter-strike first, after putting one in empower and leap strike, but I think I like maxing out empower and leap first, as it seems to take a big bite out of the people I'm laning against.
Max leap strike first, with 1 pts in counter-strike kinda early, like lvl 3.

Shamanb

05-30-2011

I personnaly love AP Jax.

Build lichbane + cap + gunblade. Pop empower and leap on someone, then laugh when they explode. Obviously time yourself with a third strike as well for max burst.