How to play Vayne and why she's different

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aihna

05-27-2011

So I was reading this guy saying that Vayne needed increased range.

While his argument is true and she's incredibly vulnerable. It's a matter of adapting your gameplay to her kit instead of asking Vayne to be made into a no-brainer.

Currently Vayne is the most fun hero to play for (aside from Shaco). Maybe because the 2 of them share a basic relationship... You have to be smart and calculate your moves the whole game.

Like Shaco, Vayne NEEDs to be agressive early... She needs kill to be effective late game. You need to harass but not so much as to frighten your enemy. You have to be passive agressive. Make him believe you're not on his face because you're scared or because you can't... or even because you're a nub.
He'll become confident... careless... hit him a couple of times to keep his HP down. Invite him to harass you... let your creep claw them some HP. If you have the instinct you'll now when to pouce... The best time to do this is when you hit 6. That's when you can even dive and run.

Then you gank... get your kills. This is the whole point of this post. HOW TO BEHAVE IN TEAMFIGHTS.

I like seeing Vaynes fail, but ill give you my 2 cents.

1 You have to act like Cassiopeia nibbling around the fight. Like Shaco you can't Deceive into a fight... too risky. Never Tumble TOWARDS a fight unless your enemy is retreating.
If they're stationary or advancing... go in with auto attacks and tumble back if someone even THINKS about LOOKING at you. Then you pop them with your tumble proc.

2 Tanks. Unless you're ubber fed and ripping people new a-holes you have to play a little support. Arguably one of the best items to do with Vayne is Madreds... With it you can kill the whole spectrum of heroes. From squishies to tanks.
PUT IT TO USE! Tanks tend to lead the charge and people don't bother harassing because takes a lot of effort to take scraps of HP. BUT NOT TO YOU. Make them regret... If the tank is being careles... punish him. 3ple hit him... it'll hurt.

3 Target switching. People get hit, people get scared. AoS 101.
When people get scared they run/retreat. You'll feel the urge to keep hitting them... but no. Stop.
Access the rest of the fight. Since you can shave HPs with ease, help your team by hitting who needs to be hit. If there's a squishy causing death... circle around and pop him once or twice.. make him retreat. Tanks rushed into the fight? Switch to them for a couple of seconds.
People tend to think that its counter productive to switch targets because if you stick to one enemy, you can kill him and eliminate the threat. While true sometimes... For Vayne, the best way to help is bringing HPs down and let your team do the rest.

4 Your ult. In a teamfight your ult is a great tool. Was it a skirmish and they're retreating half dead? Pop it on and persue. But... is it a major fight? Save for the (that guy needs to die) moments. And for the love of god... TUMBLE SIDEWAYS, never onward.

If you have anymore questions... feel free to add.
I'm not trying to hate or school everyone. That's the way I found for Vayne to work in stressful games where you're doing GOOD but not stacking legendary over legendary.

Aihna

05-27-2011

bump.. to be helpful

NotSlyGoat

05-27-2011

lmao... someone in the world thinks vayne needs buffs?

jesus ****ing christ.

Aihna

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSlyGoat View Post
lmao... someone in the world thinks vayne needs buffs?

jesus ****ing christ.
Where is it written that I think she needs buffs?

Learn to read before flamming.

Edit: Just realized you're stupid and only read the 1st line.

bowwowwoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

how is this really any different from any other ranged carry?

Eyuhn

09-04-2011

First: "Flaming" has only one "M" in it. Second: Why call him stupid? He wasn't criticizing you, he's aghast that "SOMEONE in the world thinks Vayne needs buffs."

How the hell is that directed at you?

Your hypersensitivity aside, thanks for making this post. I'm HORRIBLE with Vayne. Your explanation sounds well, but it sounds like your scores are heavily lopsided in favor of assists. Would you agree?

What runes do you prefer to use?

Lustruh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2011

vayne's a faceroll.. end game she 3 hits kids..

Meteoria

09-04-2011

Id assume like most dps you want damage runes maybe some as too

Ethrealx

09-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyuhn View Post
First: "Flaming" has only one "M" in it. Second: Why call him stupid? He wasn't criticizing you, he's aghast that "SOMEONE in the world thinks Vayne needs buffs."

How the hell is that directed at you?

Your hypersensitivity aside, thanks for making this post. I'm HORRIBLE with Vayne. Your explanation sounds well, but it sounds like your scores are heavily lopsided in favor of assists. Would you agree?

What runes do you prefer to use?
Necro'd like a bawse

YUNGKOREA

09-04-2011

Vayne isn't really that good early game compared to alot of other ranged carries.
Feels like Cait and MF both counter her in lane.

If vayne doesn't have a strong support near her such as taric, she can easily lose the lane to a Cait or MF.
But Vayne imo can do bad early game and still do great late game because of her skillset.

Kinda feels like she's the only AD carry that can fail early game and still be useful throughout the game. Also ashe because of her utility.
But for like MF, Corki, and Cait (Pure damage dealers) and if they fail early game, they will do sub-par dmg.

just my opinion though. The hardest for Vayne is her range and laning phase.