CLG's Statement Regarding the Dreamhack Qualifier Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akayso

05-26-2011

Now u know what to do next year, right?

NeoScout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

my hair is a demon

hoaxium

05-26-2011

Why are the seedings changed, what evidence would cause you to completely throw out your seeding? Ruins the entire thing.

Just Being Miley

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNick View Post
Our response to the conflict of interest presented to us was not a kneejerk reaction; we considered input from teams and debated choices between Marcou and myself. We could not ban a team based on speculation and switching the #7 and #8 seed presented what we consider the best option.

Dreamhack qualifiers represent those that are at the pinnacle of skill in their region. Seeding is a matter of perception and regardless of seed a team must prove they are a top three team to attend the finals; this includes who they play in the first round.

We stand by our seeding but acknowledge your concern, again this decision has nothing to do with TSM or CLG, integrity in eSports is a paramount concern.
Why would anyone want to support an eSport game that changes brackets to avoid a potential throw. This is so dumb, how do you know that they will actually throw the game? Im sure the players of EG would die to go to dreamhack so why would they throw the game.. this is stupid stupid stupid stupid.

DKMurphy

05-26-2011

Riot certainly isnt doing themselves any favors with a quick knee-jerk decision. Nor are they doing any favors for to the eSports community. You dont change how a tournament works because you heard a rumor. If there is a question/concern with a member of the team, why not remove said player instead of changing the seeding order of a tournment? And Hotshot has another point, this doesnt solve anything...they could still face off in the finals and again this situation could come up when $100,000 is on the line and Riot is in the lime light. You dont want that happening if you want League of Legends to be taken seriously as competitive game world wide.

Just my $.02 on situation.

DiuLeiLowMo

05-26-2011

lol@ dandihn trolling

L0CUST

The Council

05-26-2011

This is an outrage!! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr!!!
Why??!?!?!?

Knote

05-26-2011

I hope to GOD this community NEVER lets this get past Riot if they don't fix it.

Nosku

05-26-2011

Lol.

Jaxi1794

05-26-2011

bump