CLG's Statement Regarding the Dreamhack Qualifier Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lustdemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essat View Post
?
wouldnt this be more towards baseball not football lol.I messed up my own post dang derp.

Rapid Frappe

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayerFour View Post
Here is a post quantifying the reasons in support of CLG's position:

1) CLG has legitimately earned the #1 seed in this tournament. Therefore, CLG has earned the rights to the easiest route to the finals. It does not matter whether CLG should be able to beat EG; they have EARNED this placement and bracket. Riot's taking that away is unfair, unjust, and unprofessional.

2) The problem was caused by a SINGLE summoner (Dan Dinh), who has expressed that suspicions caused by his words are false. If Riot is so concerned with this problem, the obvious solution would be to suspend Dan Dinh in EG's match against TSM. This would localize the disruption caused by said player and not affect innocent third parties (CLG). This sollution may give team EG a disadvantage, but the current fix gives an innocent third party (CLG) a larger, unwarranted disadvantage.

3) By changing the bracket, they not only unjustly gave CLG a harder bracket placement, but also gave TSM (one of the implicated parties) an easier route. As Rambo said on HSGG's stream, "Riot thinks EG will give TSM an advantage, so they change the bracket and guarantee that TSM gets an advantage."

4) It is COMPLETELY irrelevant that CLG should be able to beat these teams in order to proceed. Underdogs win, upsets happen. This is life, not a question of whether 2 is bigger than 1.

5) By changing the rules, Riot is stepping into unchartered territory in competitive gaming. This is not what you want to do; this is blatantly unprofessional decision is what is holding Riot back from being a successful competitive game.

CLG deserves a better explanation than the one given by RiotNick. Riot, if you go through with this, you honestly need to explain your reasoning and thought process behind this change, and why suspending Dan Dinh is not a better choice.
#3 is my favorite <3

Mediocre Top

05-26-2011

Hotshot, here's the solution:

DRAW A BEAR, DO IT NOW.

FlanknGank4Bank

05-26-2011

Come on Riot.. you can't be serious with this decision....

this is a joke... Right?

Harken

05-26-2011

This is kind of a poor decision Riot.

I mean really.

It's things like this that cause people to laugh at this games competitive scene.

Spectral Dagger

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidfap View Post
#3 is my favorite <3
Agreed.

Nnyone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

wow... this is sooo not kosher... whats the legal recourse given the amount of money on the line, I'm assuming as a regulated e-sport and an international tourney there should be something that applies....

Murrda

05-26-2011

He mad cuz he bad !!!

Endoscopy

Recruiter

05-26-2011

Riot isn't admitting their mistakes. Typical.

Florence

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoscopy View Post
Riot isn't admitting their mistakes. Typical.
Pantheon free skin all over again.