On my way to elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluff the Panda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

So... i'm on my way to ELO hell. Solo Que is FRUSTRATING. Too many people don't want to adjust to the team and just pick whoever they want. Too many AP carries, too many AD carries, 4 effin supports on one team... really? I gave up on playing ranked.

I want to play ranked, but the problem is, if you do a 5 man premade ranked team, you're probably gonna lose unless you've played with that team alot and you guys work well together. If you just group up with friends one day and do 5v5 ranked, ur gonna verse a try-hard 5 man premade 9/10 times that will kick your ass.

I adjust to my team all the time, picking whatever needs to be picked. It doesn't work, solo que is rediculous. I mean really what am I supposed to do about it?

I played a game with ashe a couple weeks ago and went 12-3 early mid game. Then we started losing team fights because my team decided to ignore team comp early game and went all AP. Squishy central. If I had to choose between AD and Tank, I'd choose AD in hopes of finishing the game fast, which almost worked.

By the end of the game I was 14-10.

Seriously, what am I supposed to do about a solo que team who doesn't want to communicate?

If anyone wants to form a 5 man ranked group with me let me know, i'm a very flexible player.

Highest ELO is about 1306 I think. Currently because of what I said above, i'm like.. 1166 I believe. Only 3-4 more games until i'm dropped to 800-900.

Moonspeaker

05-26-2011

Me too.

nGui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-26-2011

LOL already crying ... wait when you have 200- elo ....

Fluff the Panda

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XicoLoco View Post
LOL already crying ... wait when you have 200- elo ....
The point is to complain about GETTING to elo hell, not being in it. Hence the title... on my way to elo hell.

Skreacher

05-26-2011

Find a competent duo partner, i have much more success Duo Queue myself

I Barricade I

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojigeh sekki View Post
So... i'm on my way to ELO hell. Solo Que is FRUSTRATING. Too many people don't want to adjust to the team and just pick whoever they want. Too many AP carries, too many AD carries, 4 effin supports on one team... really? I gave up on playing ranked.
For every game you have 4 supports, you should have a game where the other team has 4 supports. thats called the law of averages.(assuming you play for long enough).

Quote:
I want to play ranked, but the problem is, if you do a 5 man premade ranked team, you're probably gonna lose unless you've played with that team alot and you guys work well together. If you just group up with friends one day and do 5v5 ranked, ur gonna verse a try-hard 5 man premade 9/10 times that will kick your ass.
So yeah if you do arranged 5s with 0 games exp as a team and you go vs people with 10 games exp, no kidding you lose. So play 10 games, lose them all / most, now you have the skill to play as a team and you win the next 20. If you cant win when you DO have exp as a team, you dont deserve a higher rating.

Quote:
I adjust to my team all the time, picking whatever needs to be picked. It doesn't work, solo que is rediculous. I mean really what am I supposed to do about it?
Duo queue. If you get 2 idiots who DEMAND to play ad, the you and your partner play ap and tank. With 2 players there is no way a role doesnt get filled. Got 3 ad teammates? 1 of you go support (ex: janna) 1 go ap jungle tank(ex: nunu, chogath, alistar)

Quote:
I played a game with ashe a couple weeks ago and went 12-3 early mid game. Then we started losing team fights because my team decided to ignore team comp early game and went all AP. Squishy central. If I had to choose between AD and Tank, I'd choose AD in hopes of finishing the game fast, which almost worked.

By the end of the game I was 14-10.
What you are saying here is, "my team as a whole played worse than their team." You Should lose that, regardless of how well you did. you started 12-3 but your team fed? you could have EASILY started say, 7-2, and then used your farm/feed to switch / assist your hurting teammates. You are partially to blame for that loss, hence deserve it just as much as you deserve the wins when you get carried / the other team sucks.

Quote:
Seriously, what am I supposed to do about a solo que team who doesn't want to communicate?
Be a drill sergeant and command. "baron now". "they will dragon soon, lets move away from top." "annie is coming bot (spam ping). Does this work all the time? No. But it works better than raging at your team, whining, or afking. Playing tryhard / seriousmode consitently for the entire game (especially while playing well / getting kills) will motivate your team to do the same.

SideNote: Don't be rude about it. Be a team player.
DONT SAY: buy wards guys jungle and support you are both sh*t wtf why am i buying the wards as ad carry.
DO SAY: hey janna im gonna buy a ward for top river, can you grab one for bottom? They might try to dragon.

Also, fyi, i was sub 1100 in feb/march, and im mid 1700 now, playing between 2 games a day to 2 games a week. I know elo hell sucks. I know its frusterating as f*ck. But if you TRULY are a player that deserves to get to 1400, or 1600, or w/e your goal, you will slowly raise. As i said earlier, its all about the law of averages. Everyone blames luck, but 100% of people cant be stuck from luck.

Wall of text for real, but last thoughts.

everyone had this problem at some point. The one positive thing about elo hell is that you are also VS 900 elo players, so if you are better than them as you claim, you should CRUSH them, regardless of your teammates. Put hotshot or bigfatjiji on a 900 account, how long you think theyll be in elo hell? few games?

Fluff the Panda

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Barricade I View Post
For every game you have 4 supports, you should have a game where the other team has 4 supports. thats called the law of averages.(assuming you play for long enough).

So yeah if you do arranged 5s with 0 games exp as a team and you go vs people with 10 games exp, no kidding you lose. So play 10 games, lose them all / most, now you have the skill to play as a team and you win the next 20. If you cant win when you DO have exp as a team, you dont deserve a higher rating.

Duo queue. If you get 2 idiots who DEMAND to play ad, the you and your partner play ap and tank. With 2 players there is no way a role doesnt get filled. Got 3 ad teammates? 1 of you go support (ex: janna) 1 go ap jungle tank(ex: nunu, chogath, alistar)

What you are saying here is, "my team as a whole played worse than their team." You Should lose that, regardless of how well you did. you started 12-3 but your team fed? you could have EASILY started say, 7-2, and then used your farm/feed to switch / assist your hurting teammates. You are partially to blame for that loss, hence deserve it just as much as you deserve the wins when you get carried / the other team sucks.

Be a drill sergeant and command. "baron now". "they will dragon soon, lets move away from top." "annie is coming bot (spam ping). Does this work all the time? No. But it works better than raging at your team, whining, or afking. Playing tryhard / seriousmode consitently for the entire game (especially while playing well / getting kills) will motivate your team to do the same.

SideNote: Don't be rude about it. Be a team player.
DONT SAY: buy wards guys jungle and support you are both sh*t wtf why am i buying the wards as ad carry.
DO SAY: hey janna im gonna buy a ward for top river, can you grab one for bottom? They might try to dragon.

Also, fyi, i was sub 1100 in feb/march, and im mid 1700 now, playing between 2 games a day to 2 games a week. I know elo hell sucks. I know its frusterating as f*ck. But if you TRULY are a player that deserves to get to 1400, or 1600, or w/e your goal, you will slowly raise. As i said earlier, its all about the law of averages. Everyone blames luck, but 100% of people cant be stuck from luck.

Wall of text for real, but last thoughts.

everyone had this problem at some point. The one positive thing about elo hell is that you are also VS 900 elo players, so if you are better than them as you claim, you should CRUSH them, regardless of your teammates. Put hotshot or bigfatjiji on a 900 account, how long you think theyll be in elo hell? few games?
I like what you've said here. Honestly I was just raging at having people who don't know how to play as well as others on there team. I don't rage because of the tribunal, and the fact that i've been banned on another acc before for being a ******. I get stuck with foreigners who don't speak english, or people who don't lstein etc etc... which is my issue. I'll try duo que from now on instead of solo que.

I Barricade I

05-27-2011

Quote:
I like what you've said here. Honestly I was just raging at having people who don't know how to play as well as others on there team. I don't rage because of the tribunal, and the fact that i've been banned on another acc before for being a ******. I get stuck with foreigners who don't speak english, or people who don't lstein etc etc... which is my issue. I'll try duo que from now on instead of solo que.
glad i could help.