Rumble AP build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoolBreeze95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

Hello, my fav champ is rumble, and i like to play him as a AP (tho thats the only choise i guess ^^) But i am wondering on a good build, what i atm go is

Mercury
Ryalis
Deathcap
FoN / Sunfire cape (depends on enemies, AP or AD)
Voidstaff / Hourglass (depends on enemies They stack (MR og are AD )
Abyssal Scepter
(last item i get variates verry depending on the match)

Give me suggestions, also feel free to give me good builds on other Champions that i like for example:

Amumu
Nidalee
Morgana
Nunu

Thx, in advance

JayceJa

05-26-2011

havent played rumble, but from what ive seen, rylais/abyssal/sunfire gives a good mix of survivability and damage
after those 3 and whichever boots you need(mercury against CC or magic damage, tabis against lots of physical damage, or sorcerers otherwise) you can go either deathcap+void staff for max AoE damage, DFG+void staff/deathcap gives the most single target damage if you need to focus down a particularly fed enemy or such, or hourglass/banshees/FON/thornmail for defense

as for others, i main an AP build amumu, rushing RoA first then CDR Boots, then either abyssal scepter or sunfire cape depending on the prevalent damage type, rylais scepter for slow and more health, then either banshees, thornmail or deathcap depending on what i need

Enerith

05-26-2011

Well I love Morgana so: RoA, Sorcs boots, Deathcap, RoA, Abyssal Scepter, Zhonyas (build order determined by enemies)

Zimmicky

05-27-2011

straight AP is the best way to build rumble for late game damage, but if you do go down that road I highly suggest getting 1 or 2 gunblades.

I R Orc Peon

05-28-2011

I like getting spell vamp on him... also I often go a bit tanky. but often it proves not as good as a proper tank

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

Haunting Guise
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rylai's Sceptre
Abyssal Sceptre
Zhonya's Hourglass
Rabadon's Deathcap

think you'll need more AP than that? :P

metal Odin

05-29-2011

i like using these items in this order
doren's sheild for health re gen
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rylai's Sceptre
Rabadon's Deathcap
wig armor
and the last item is up to you becouse i never get a chance to fill that slot

Nightdancer ND

05-30-2011

Rumbles need more magic pen as raw AP and while in the middle of the action HP+resists.
High Magic penetration worked every game for me with Rumble, but I don't buy the Sorc Shoes, because as melee cc is your worst enemy.

The best balance I got with:

Rylai's Scepter (HP+slow+AP)
Haunting Guise (HP+magic pen+AP)
Abyssal Scepter (resist+magic pen+AP)
Mercury Treads (anti-CC you are in the middle of the combat(!) + magic resist)
Sunfire cape (HP+Armor+ magic damage (synergy with your magic pen))
Void Staff (% magic pen and AP)

CoolBreeze95

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmicky View Post
straight AP is the best way to build rumble for late game damage, but if you do go down that road I highly suggest getting 1 or 2 gunblades.
I used to go a gumblade or two, but since they nerfed Junkjard titan and making the spell wamp Unique, ive dropped that item.

Aeigem

06-02-2011

Rumble is my champion. Here is what I usually do upon summoning. Start with the Doran's shield, since your auto attack is melee, buy a hextech revolver. Grab the boots of choice (Mercury treads myself), and get to work on Rylai's. At this point, depending on how the match is going get the void or abyssal. Now you can get both in any order but I build one then get my Rabadon's in between them. If the game is still going at this point, upgrade the revolver to the gunblade. After all said and done, the last item is all personal choice.