Orianna Mechanics Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

THE 3x3cution3r

Recruiter

05-27-2011

ill be honest she doesnt look AWSOME but she looks like a support champ like janna

Trixster

05-27-2011

sounds like starcraft microing in term of frustration you might be risking an extremly over powered champion with those who can micro on top teir bases and an absolutly useless one for those even subpar in microing abilitie the concept is very interesting could amount to something great it definitly seems like only a handfull of player will truly be able to justify using this charachter. my only suggestion would be to make sure you some kind of ignentuity to adjust the complexity of it for player who arent totally ideal at microing to spark a sense of usefulness even in the hands of the completle noob i.e targeting functionality or robots movement /basic behavior when not being microed at .1 intervals

please excuse the typos i just woke up

dalzara

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsilon View Post
I'm just concerned that the controls will get annoying. The pet control is already ridiculously difficult to work with. Take LeBlanc's passive for example.

Actually I don't think this character has any of the normal pet movement controls so should not have those issues.

Basically one of your powers sends it out on a ground targeted point to do damage and then stays there in place until you give it a command to move elsewhere. Doing this you can plant it in the lane or by a turret and use the ball centric damage powers.

For team fights command the ball to attach to a tank now all your ball centric powers are centered on that tank. So in a team fight you are not fighting with normal pet controls often you are just going to attach it to a melee and then they are in effect your proxy in the fight where you use all the powers through them>

One thing I am curious about is once you use the power that makes the ball stay in place and then you command the pet to attach to somebody what if any range restrictions apply. You could potentially get some weird SUPER long range kill shots with it.

Xlapus

05-27-2011

The ball has a leash range of ~1100 units. Get any further away than that and it warps back to you.

Agapi

05-27-2011

We want a female tank.. Were do riot take request anyway. Im quiting Lol now..
Another OP champ and no female tank to kicks Orinna's ass..

Tumadrebbq

05-27-2011

I figure this will be exactly like Syllabear in Dota. You have a pet with its own abilities that you control with the ALT key. As well as having abilities you can also buy the pet items to increase its dps. So you can either focus on your champion as the damage dealer or you can focus on your pet as a huge support or you can have a hybrid of both pet support and champion damage.

Audax

05-27-2011

i want to see a champion so difficult to play that only autistic savants will have the ability to manipulate them.

Olvilis

05-27-2011

I like the sound of the champ, I just hope she's not 6300... >.>

BAMBl

05-27-2011

Morello says it's not a pet. Get it out of your systems lol.

Sherye

05-28-2011

Really creative champion, an android. The fact that she uses a ball for fight makes she powerfull, like if she couldn't move a finger to do something, like if she could not drabble your hands, and this is really cool.
I don't know how many she will cost, but i already kept my 6300 (: