[Guide] How to install custom skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillahSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

I did all the instructions for it. But when i downloaded the skin, it was caled like 691 the folder on and the thing inside was just twitch.

KillahSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Nm i got it to work. But what is the name for Mordekaiser?

Campbells Soup

01-05-2011

still needing that update list on character file names. anyplace i can just look for them myself in the game data?

Takeshl

01-10-2011

Just wondering, does anyone know the original skin name for malzahar?

noonestar

01-10-2011

How do I install the "primal bear" skin for Udyr? I can only get the normal stance to work, but phoenix, turtle and tiger are failing. I know that when I use this skin it's local, so other people won't see I use that skin, but I'd really like to know how to solve this. I've had this with Tibbers too.. Thanks in advance.

RedBagel

01-12-2011

hello i just downloaded an anivia skin "first time doing this custom skin thing" and when i navigate to Riotgames/leagueoflegends the only thing that comes up after that is "play league of legends" so when the instructions say to go to "Riotgames/Leagueoflegends(/games/DATA)" once i get to league im stumped. Any help would be appreciated

Uhmbreeon

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBagel View Post
hello i just downloaded an anivia skin "first time doing this custom skin thing" and when i navigate to Riotgames/leagueoflegends the only thing that comes up after that is "play league of legends" so when the instructions say to go to "Riotgames/Leagueoflegends(/games/DATA)" once i get to league im stumped. Any help would be appreciated
right click play league of legends and go to "open file location"

Dissater Fallen

01-19-2011

[

Quote:
B]Q&A[/B]

-Are you able to turn off the skin when you want?
You have to remove the .dds from the folder.

-If someone has a store bought skin, will the custom skin overwrite that skin with this method?
No, your custom skin will not overwrite a skin bought from the store because all skins have their own .dds files. For example, a custom Annie skin has to be named Annie.dds. If you want to overwrite the Goth Annie skin, your custom skin has to be named Annie2Black_Diffuse.dds.

-Can other players see my custom skin?
No, only you can see your custom skin, unless they installed the same custom skin too.

-I installed a custom skin for Annie, can I do the same for Tibber?
Yes! A custom skin for Tibber has to be named HogyoBear.dds, you have to create the folder "bear" in "DATA". \Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\Characters\bear
p.s. Even if you use Goth Annie skin, you can install a custom skin for Tibber.
p.p.s. This is the one I use: Dark Panda by heureux

Credits to BananaBoy and Najena
[/QUOTE]

So I have something that you might want to add to your Q&A. I have a question about applying the parts of skins that change with an ability, like Sion's enrage changing his axe, or Nasus using his ult. I'm thinking that you have to place one of the files in the particles folder but I'm not 100% sure. could I get some clarification on this topic.

iSpork

Recruiter

01-25-2011

Would it be possible to update your Guide? Since Herosmod.com is now http://leaguecraft.com/skins/ .

Have1More

01-28-2011

What happens if i don't have the character but i put a custom skin on it? like i don't have ezreal but i put a skin...