[Guide] How to install custom skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am so RuDe

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0it View Post
Veigar=Veigar
Wrong. Veigar=Permission

Greetz

CQReborn

06-19-2010

So, is Riot okay with these custom skins? I'm guessing they don't care since only you are going to be able to see them?

Kazeikan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2010

is the legitimate?

Seority

06-24-2010

It is legal.
And with custom particle effects, do I have to label them to character folders as well? Or do I just shove them all into the "Particles" folder?

EDIT:
Found out you just have to put the specified particle .dds files into the folder. You do not need to separate them. If two skins share the same .dds file name, just pick the one you want most because I do not believe both will work at the same time.

Liara Tivona

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seority View Post
It is legal.
And with custom particle effects, do I have to label them to character folders as well? Or do I just shove them all into the "Particles" folder?

EDIT:
Found out you just have to put the specified particle .dds files into the folder. You do not need to separate them. If two skins share the same .dds file name, just pick the one you want most because I do not believe both will work at the same time.
So open up the downloaded particles folder, and put those files into the Characters folder? or put the custom Particles folder in the characters folder? Or put the custom particles files in the Particles folder?

N3v4N

06-29-2010

Hey guys,

Nevan from EU here. I just had a short question, I've been messing around with renaming existing skins from the heropak_client zip file and changing them to default skins. (and rename the default to match the replacing one) This all works fine, except for Jax, which I haven't been able to fix yet. I would want to have the midnight Jax skin, and am able to get the right loadscreen, but the skin itself is doing something weird, it either displays as normal Jax with midnight Jax's club, or as an orange Jax, with an orange club. The files I have changed were named armsmaster_midnight .dds/wgt/skn/skl/sco . Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Should I change Armsmaster_Concept.dds or _Diffuse_Cmask.dds to?

Nevan

Aidan Daray

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Just curious. Are you going to add the new hero names to the list? Or are they just the same as the actual champion name?

NorwayKid92

07-07-2010

i downloaded a few skins and i tried to play but it did not work.
i did everything capt i extractet them, was i suppose to do that?
and what can i do to make them work?

NukeBoxHero

07-09-2010

quick question what is the teemo mushroom model called?

Exclaimed

07-10-2010

ya he said rename it to a pdf file