[Guide] How to install custom skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stigna

02-15-2011

This may seem like a dumb question but what if the file I installed is a folder such as http://leaguecraft.com/skins/4300-ma...sorcerer.xhtml
The file is called 4300 and the closest thing to a Malzahar.dds is Malzahar.skl and Malzahar.skn. In the file there are also MalZaharLoadScreen.dds and MalZahar_TX_CM.dds. This is after I extract them from a .rar file (Malzahar.rar) which I extracted from 4300 (the file that was downloaded). Please help.

Edit: Thanks to SlinkytheDrunk I fixed my problem, turns out it was in the right place but I had the .rar file in the folder too. I guess it's important to trim the file.

SlinkytheDrunk

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigna View Post
This may seem like a dumb question but what if the file I installed is a folder such as http://leaguecraft.com/skins/4300-ma...sorcerer.xhtml
The file is called 4300 and the closest thing to a Malzahar.dds is Malzahar.skl and Malzahar.skn. In the file there are also MalZaharLoadScreen.dds and MalZahar_TX_CM.dds. This is after I extract them from a .rar file (Malzahar.rar) which I extracted from 4300 (the file that was downloaded). Please help.
you would have been better off asking on league craft.
you take the Malzahar folder and place it here:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\Characters

XxDImSimxX

02-16-2011

whats akalis

SlinkytheDrunk

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDImSimxX View Post
whats akalis
Akali

Stigna

02-16-2011

@SlinkytheDrunk
Thank you so much and sorry bout asking here, i'm kinda new to this.
Oh and to all those asking for the "true" name of champs you can find it at
C/Riot games/League of legends/game/Heropak_client/Data/Characters You can also find particles, minons e.c.t in the Data file.

P.S Although the Hero_pak does not provide the in game name of the champ (e.g jax is "armsmaster") you can find which name matches a champion because it's skins have the name (in the Armsmaster file there are files such as Jax_pax.skn.

Pizooks

02-16-2011

What's Karma's?

SlinkytheDrunk

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizooks View Post
What's Karma's?
it was only the first dozen or so heroes that have different folder names

Pizooks

02-16-2011

Oh alrighty!
Thank you!

gredel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-16-2011

how do you do custom skins if your running the new pvp.net client?????????

Hombre de Setas

02-17-2011

I like a LOT of the skins on Leaguecraft, and a lot of people have done some really nice reworks, including particles. i was wondering where i would want to put the particles for custom skins to make them override the old particles as well.