Tribunal & Recomendations of additional features

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larzous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2011

Well, I first got onto the system for tribunal today, and while its a great system, I think there are a few flaws that definitively need to be determined.

1) While I think that for privacy its a nice thing to not have the names of the players who reported the player be listed specifically. When trying to determine if one person just reported in jest of a few thought to be targeted comments could help to understand in what capacity a person was reported. Some people report harassment out of spite when they were just trying to help, this could help decide who they were talking to.. ties in with #3.

2) Game Time, needs to be adjusted to the match clock and not a real world 24 hour clock.

3) Team Characters - When we player types in chat in our games it lists the character they are playing. When we play, we refer to people by xin, garen, veigar and not player names a lot of the time because its quick, easy and we know who we are talking to. Can we include this in the tribunal chat? My reasoning is because I believe that it will give added understanding to who lashed out and if the reported reported snapped because of a specific players commends, and the responses there in. While the point of the system is to not care about the initiator commends, we do care if the comments were in jest and knowing if its quip between 2 players but not having character names makes this a littler harder to tell.

Total Game Summery - While there are sometimes upwards of 10-12 games listed for a single person, I think in this instance it would be great to have a single page devoted to the overall aspect of the player. of the 10 games... 7 had leaver/afk, 3 had harassment.. This can help get an overall understanding of what you are looking for between all the different games. While it may speed up the tribunal voting which is not something we want to do as voters should take their time, it is my belief that to provide this additional information we can be more focused on what to look for in other games as well.

Opinions?

Karl the Pagan

PvP.net Engineer

05-24-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzous View Post
2) Game Time, needs to be adjusted to the match clock and not a real world 24 hour clock.

3) Team Characters - When we player types in chat in our games it lists the character they are playing. When we play, we refer to people by xin, garen, veigar and not player names a lot of the time because its quick, easy and we know who we are talking to. Can we include this in the tribunal chat?
Yes. These two items are some of the most popular suggestions for Tribunal and they are *on the list* for a future Tribunal update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzous View Post
Total Game Summery - While there are sometimes upwards of 10-12 games listed for a single person, I think in this instance it would be great to have a single page devoted to the overall aspect of the player. of the 10 games... 7 had leaver/afk, 3 had harassment.. This can help get an overall understanding of what you are looking for between all the different games. While it may speed up the tribunal voting which is not something we want to do as voters should take their time, it is my belief that to provide this additional information we can be more focused on what to look for in other games as well.
Also a good suggestion, but as you said it could lead to snap judgements.

Govtarkin

05-24-2011

Good ideas. My suggestion is also the time and name fixes/changes for a easier read, but also I would like to suggest a few other things...

1. A little more information on what else the team did I have been trolled by a premade of people before and that said they reported me for complaining as a negative attitude. This could easily be misinterpreted information for the report. i.e. if the reported players team is feeding or also reported but not by the reported player...(could get broken with everyone reporting each other) or for 5 games in a row there is a few players each time that have a bad score of 2/18/4 or something like that i can feel that players rage and the *****ing/abusive language that is equally a player fail along with a matchmaking fail and that information might help with some cases had one today that the information would have help a bit to make a chose I had to skip it to be honest which brings me to my second point.

2. Skip should not be counted as part of your daily quota. As i said i skipped one for i felt i needed more information to vote either way and skipped another that was in a language i could not read. So for my three a day allotment i got to vote on one which i fell is not a help to the system and will not promote people to use the skip option for it would be a chance to loss IP or a 50/50 chance to blind pick after a minute.

NadalKenlyl

05-24-2011

A different color scheme for Allies/Enemies would be very helpful, I'm colorblind and I have a hard time knowing who was on which team without straining my eyes.

Fyren

05-25-2011

I would like the chat area to show when the person in question bought or sold an item and disconnected or reconnected. Additionally, buttons to filter this info (like a team chat button, enemy chat button, item button, reconnect button) so you don't have to scroll through everything to find parts you want.

Graphs showing XP gain and gold gain would also be nice (maybe also minion kills, damage to champions, and total damage). The graph wouldn't be a running total but rates of gain. It would help to show teammates and enemies on the graph, too, for comparison. This would make it easier to show one guy only farming the jungle forever while teammates are fighting enemies (no hero damage) or periods of idle time interspersed with running out and killing creeps or intentionally dying in teamfights in the base (gold/damage has plateaus and flatlines).

Zenyix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2011

Personally I'd like some kind of notification of the outcome of a case. Something as simple as an in game notification "Thank you for being part of the Tribunal. You have been awarded X ip." would suffice. Only to let the user know they've made a difference in the community.

Hudelf

05-25-2011

Something I haven't heard suggested that I think should be done is actually *increase* the minimum time before a verdict is chosen.

I simply don't think that 60 seconds is enough time to make an accurate judgement on a case. I generally take several minutes (3-5+) on each case, and I don't see how someone can make a judgement after only one minute. I think this may allow too many "snap judgements" as you pointed out Karl.

Igors BtB

05-25-2011

I totally support 1+3 of OP. Give everyone the champion name (+ color to tell when both sides have one, but find something for colorblind people as an above poster says, presumeably more black/white contrasted colors) = confidentiality for the people involved + clarity for the judge. And you can then tell who (what champion) reported what.

I have (and have read elsewhere) some other suggestions too (posting here since HEY red post)

- Detailed game info. Mainly, deaths (of any player) showing in the chat log (maybe with a button to switch it on/off) with timestamps.
- Wether the given game was a ranked or not.
- How many games (or an approximate) of the said type player has played (NOT won because that would cause misjudging by skill)
- What summoner level the griefed player was for the game
- Pre-game (lobby) and post-game chat logs - apparently, as i read, they are included (?) but one can't tell the difference. Please add a mark to distinguish that.
- Maybe, for afk-heavy cases, the % games the player had been considered leaver + a global (server) average of that ratio (so the judge can see whenever it is WAY above the average)
- the other player's stats (everyone in the game, or at least, each one that is involved)

edit : last suggestion edited + added 1 + corrected pre game chat

Bane Wraith

05-25-2011

-= A Suggestion to all Tribunal Themed Threads & OPs =-

The Tribunal Forum is officially Open:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...splay.php?f=41

If it is desired, Move your threads, propositions, ideas, and opinions to the Appropriate forum for them to be heard and reviewed! You may want to include this message, and a Link to your thread, in the Original Post of threads that remain Here.

FiniisheR

04-19-2013

I'm sick of getting reported for no goodl reason. From getting reported for disagreeing with someone to getting reported for having a bad game, you can count on someone getting reported for ever match. I have been banned 3 times now for no good reason! I don't harass people or leave games early I know this so I can see the banning system is very flawed. I do well most matches and always have the most or close to the most assists/kills on the team.
i dont think riot understands the immaturity of a lot of their players. here are some of the senarios ive been in when ive been told "your reported":

I've died 2 times while solo top from getting ganked from enemy jungle while i have had 0 ganks and our jungle rages REPORTED REPORTED REPORTED!

I've walked into our jungle to ward as support and received my first death. REPORTED FOR BEING ALONE IDIOT!

I've told garen that AP scales no dmg on any of his skills."REPORTED STFU NOOB DONT TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!" says noob garen.

I've accidentally taken my adc's first blood kill. NOOB REPORTED! WTF THIS SUPPORT SUCKS!

I thought these people were silly, reporting me for no good reason, I thought nothing would come of it since I did nothing against summoners code. I was wrong. FIX THIS OR LOSE A GREAT TEAMMATE AND PLAYER!