Summoner Name Changes Available Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S3b1gut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2011

I think is disgusting to see that a game make us pay for changing our own nickname in the game.
IMO it should not cost anything, or at least cost very low. Or be limited the amounts of times you can change your name. But that's just me

SVX348

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2011

wow 10 dollars for a name change, that's a robbery

Erekai

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownagenesss View Post
for 1300 rp I don't blame you
That's not a reason at all..

With a full time job and little social life, I have absolutely no problem with buying RP. =P

Kurakresh

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarubbaal View Post
Does this mean you will be deleting those lvl 1 no games played accounts?
This, please.

name

Recruiter

05-24-2011

Don't change your name then, you should have thought carefully about your summoner name when you first created it. Even having the option to is a privilege

zBuBu

05-24-2011

Riot you just made 1300 RP x like 6 people I know! :P GJ

Joey bad4ss

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erekai View Post
That's not a reason at all..

With a full time job and little social life, I have absolutely no problem with buying RP. =P
Well good for you.

I like wise have a full time job and a social life.. But making pay 10 bucks to change our name is a bit much.

acmC4ua2Yt4vKzRT

05-24-2011

I think this is not so nice, people should change their names when they want, no for money.
Sorry, but i feel u very want money......

Swarlito

05-24-2011

I don't understand why everyone is surprised that you have to pay to change your name. Even subscription games such as WoW you have to pay for such a service.

Erekai

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownagenesss View Post
Well good for you.

I like wise have a full time job and a social life.. But making pay 10 bucks to change our name is a bit much.
Perhaps. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it's like I said in my original post; I took enough care and put enough thought in my summoner name when I signed up, that I feel no desire to change it. I'm glad the service is there, but as for me, I'm satisfied with my name and won't be taking part in the name change.

The only situation I can imagine doing a name change is if I joined some sort of clan and then could change it to put my clan tag on my name or something.