Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Extreme Matchmaking Fail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garrus Vakarian

Recruiter

03-26-2010

Level may not directly correlate to skill, but being level 30 means you can have a full Tier 3 rune book, which if filled out good can dominate level 10 and under players.

ELO comes from Chess, but Chess players don't get bonuses from being "veterans" of the game. Having a full tier 3 rune book is like having a few extra Queens on your side of the board.

Dragonien

Recruiter

03-26-2010

me and my friend played yesterday. i was level 2. he was 5. we were on a team of 2 30s and a 25. none of which had over 150 wins. against a team of 5 30s, all with over 250, 2 with over 350 wins.

**** matchmaking

Torah

03-27-2010

yes. There is way too much of an ELO boost when in arranged teams.
I win 2/3ish of my games when in single queue but when I play with 1 of my friends we only win about 10% of our games.

Ezeron

03-27-2010

Quote:
Staticicity:
While I agree that it's pretty uncommon to get matched up with teams like that... it's not impossible at all.

A 5 man premade instantly boots you out of the ELO section reserved for new and low level players, this is to balance the game for new players and keep them coming back after their first game.
I think it's pretty realistic to assume the game thought of you of at least a team of level 15-20s, or mabye even higher.

and once again.... LEVEL DOES NOT EQUAL SKILL
ELO is a SKILL RATING system, not a PLAYTIME rating system.. you have no idea how many losses those people have, and while having a new player on your team against 5 people who have played a considerable amount might sound ridiculous to you... it's your fault for making a 5 man premade, you should always do a PRACTICE game when you're starting out.. that's what it's there for.. PRACTICE, and that way the host can kick anyone out that you think might be too far above your team's skill level.

I wish people would think a little more before jumping to conclusions, at least google the ELO system or something...

You obviously don't have any idea what you're talking about. Yes, level does not equal skill but having lvl 15s on your team with 33 wins VS lvl 30s with 300+ wins = FAIL.
The lvl 30s have more experience, runes, masteries and way more potential than a ****ing lv 15 with his 33 wins.
I don't even play premade but I get coupled with these noobs againist lvl 30 veterans.
Its like MM thinks I should be carrying these bunch of noobs againist 5 lvl 30s.. honestly its bull****.

Hltman

03-27-2010

this is ruining the game

Kaedan

03-28-2010

I agree completely. I made another topic on this matter. I like to play with one of my friends online, so we make a premade of 2 people.

Most times we end up getting matched with teams with 3 - 5 level 30s. It's friggin ridiculous.

While level may not equal skill, the runes and masteries they have are HUGE game-breakers.

Please please PLEASE address this Riot.

Hunglao

03-29-2010

I got into LoL a few weeks ago, and signed up with a few friends. The first few levels were great fun, so we all purchased the digital collector's packs. Fast forward three weeks, and we all wish we hadn't. We had fun for about 5 days, after which the MM system started to pair us with level 25+ players EVERY SINGLE GAME. We're all below level 15, and the MM system has completely ruined our ability to have fun with your game. What are the chances of winning when you have 15 masteries and tier 1 runes, and you're queued against players with 25-30 masteries and a book full of tier2/3 runes. How is that supposed to be even remotely fair or enjoyable? None of my friends have played in over 2 weeks. If I could get my money refunded I would. Your game is great fun, but you seriously need to stop ignoring the posts about the broken MM system. As a new player who was enticed by the first few days of your game, and now refuses to play it due to the frustration of losing every game due to unfair matchmaking... Matchmaking... is... TERRIBLY BROKEN.

Dawncaster

03-29-2010

Yea LoL's ability to provide accurate matchmaking sucks a big one. It's actually getting to the point where me and my friends are starting to hate the game because were ALWAYS being placed with the most epic of fail pugs. When were in our group of 5 we rape face, but every time there is only 3-4 of us the system pairs us up with the mentally handycap and expects us to carry their pathetic worthless ass.

LoL needs to fix this soon before it starts loosing its player base because of its incompetence to provide an accurate matchmaking system. If i gotta wait 5min to find a DECENT 5th then by all means, id rather wait longer to get into a game then join one that expects us to carry some ******.

Sanvar

03-30-2010

The ELO system should be used within Level brackets. I keep getting dumped into ALL level 30 matchups, presumably because of my Win/Loss ratio, but I'm level 8. I keep apologizing to the teams I get stuck with, and try to assure them that I am not "r.e.t.a.rded", I just can't compete against these level 30s.

Raffles

03-30-2010

My friends and I are all in the same boat. About 15 of us recently picked the game up and we're all levels 7-13 now. We play in groups of 5. Sometimes we'll play practice games with 10 of us, but that's not as fun since we know how everyone plays. The last 2 days we've been paired up with only level 25-30s and we have a win/loss ratio of 2/14. Most of us are getting frustrated and a few people have already quit, the rest of us are seriously considering it.