Extreme Matchmaking Fail

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Underpawyred

03-18-2010

I understand that a 'premade' of 5 people will have a significantly higher ELO rating than that of individuals... but no matter how many of us were premade, under no circumstance should We have been paired with them...

Lvl 1 (first game, friend just joining us)
Lvl 4
Lvl 4
Lvl 6
Lvl 9

Vs:

Lvl 30 (205 wins)
Lvl 30 (205 wins)
Lvl 17
Lvl 30 (200+ wins)
Lvl 30 (323 wins)

Sorry, but whatever algorithm is being used for matching premades needs reevaluated. This is just wrong. Just because there's 5 friends wanting to try the game out together does not mean we should be paired up against a 4-man premade of max level veterans... Not ever. They even told us they were premade, and as you can see from his comment, they were equally surprised that they were matched up with us. (Team scores of 31 - 6 shouldn't occur... I mean really...)

Lagoon7

03-18-2010

Your right, this is pretty bad.

Ive had some 4's and 5's show up on my team while vs a 25+ team, not cool. Ive had the opposite too.

This needs to be adressed really.

hello2you2

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underpawyred View Post
I understand that a 'premade' of 5 people will have a significantly higher ELO rating than that of individuals... but no matter how many of us were premade, under no circumstance should We have been paired with them...

Lvl 1 (first game, friend just joining us)
Lvl 4
Lvl 4
Lvl 6
Lvl 9

Vs:

Lvl 30 (205 wins)
Lvl 30 (205 wins)
Lvl 17
Lvl 30 (200+ wins)
Lvl 30 (323 wins)

Sorry, but whatever algorithm is being used for matching premades needs reevaluated. This is just wrong. Just because there's 5 friends wanting to try the game out together does not mean we should be paired up against a 4-man premade of max level veterans... Not ever. They even told us they were premade, and as you can see from his comment, they were equally surprised that they were matched up with us. (Team scores of 31 - 6 shouldn't occur... I mean really...)

Agreed Matchmaking fails hard. I was just in a game and my team levels 10-15 and there team was at 25-30...... And this happens 80% of the time for me....
Needs to be fixed......

Garrus Vakarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

OP, this issue angers me to no end. It needs to be fixed, badly.

As I've said elsewhere:

Quote:
This game punishes you for playing with friends.

me - level 11
my wife - level 7
my friends: 14, 12, 10

other team: 30,30,30,30,24

I'm like 2-7 so far because I play with friends instead of solo-ing, and our reward is getting steamrolled nearly every match.

Why can't lowbie arranged teams just get paired against OTHER lowbie arranged teams?

Halo 3's matchmaking works this way. I know it uses Microsoft's TrueSkill and not ELO, but still. LoL can already tell you are an arranged team; can't it pair arranged teams against one another?

I'm sick of fighting people way out of my league just because I have friends.

S T

03-25-2010

I've been having a lot of these issues as well. It's so weird.

Ezeron

03-25-2010

MM is ****ed up
I have had lv 10-20s on my team vs ALL lv 30 enemies with 300+ wins
That **** just throws me off its ****ing pathetic
like a 100% guaranteed loss for me cuz my team doesn't know wtf they are doing half the time
They should add an option that ONLY LV 30s CAN VS OTHER LV 30s
Jesus Christ
Fix this piece of ****

Staticicity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

While I agree that it's pretty uncommon to get matched up with teams like that... it's not impossible at all.

A 5 man premade instantly boots you out of the ELO section reserved for new and low level players, this is to balance the game for new players and keep them coming back after their first game.
I think it's pretty realistic to assume the game thought of you of at least a team of level 15-20s, or mabye even higher.

and once again.... LEVEL DOES NOT EQUAL SKILL
ELO is a SKILL RATING system, not a PLAYTIME rating system.. you have no idea how many losses those people have, and while having a new player on your team against 5 people who have played a considerable amount might sound ridiculous to you... it's your fault for making a 5 man premade, you should always do a PRACTICE game when you're starting out.. that's what it's there for.. PRACTICE, and that way the host can kick anyone out that you think might be too far above your team's skill level.

I wish people would think a little more before jumping to conclusions, at least google the ELO system or something...

Kuraudo

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticicity View Post

and once again.... LEVEL DOES NOT EQUAL SKILL
ELO is a SKILL RATING system, not a PLAYTIME rating system.. you have no idea how many losses those people have, and while having a new player on your team against 5 people who have played a considerable amount might sound ridiculous to you... it's your fault for making a 5 man premade, you should always do a PRACTICE game when you're starting out.. that's what it's there for.. PRACTICE, and that way the host can kick anyone out that you think might be too far above your team's skill level.

I wish people would think a little more before jumping to conclusions, at least google the ELO system or something...

You are right level does not equal skill but still obviously the SKILL of those level 5 guys are not going to equal some one who has 300 wins. Forget the level, just based on shear wins alone you can tell that those people have a lot more experience than the 5 low level people. And do you have to play 300 practice games to get enough experience to then make a real premade and face those other level 30s with 300 wins? That is stupid. You can't get the same experience from practice games. You can learn a lot from playing against the good people that don't play practice games any more. And isn't that the whole point of the matchmaking system... To put you up against people of your skill level?

All in all, your precious matchmaking system is broken, with its super sophisticated algorithm... It doesnt work. I can't even play with my two brothers because we will be matched up against a strong premade of 5, and we are all level 30 but we will be paired with two other low level players. Or in your words low experience players. Also the matchmaking system does not account for the difference in ELO between the three of us. One of my brothers is a top 500 player as of the last posting of that online and so if we want to play with him, we get put against 5 top 500 players. So why even have a matchmaking system. Why not have it just be random?

I wish people would think a little more before jumping to the conclusion that the matchmaking system is fine. Because it is not.

talsworthy

03-26-2010

The MM for premade teams needs a lot of work - unfortunately by the time they do that i'll be in tier 3 so not so concerned.

MonsterPig

03-26-2010

MMS really needs a higher rating for level. I don't care how bad the other person is, coming into the game with massive armor penetration of CD reduction or literally twice the HP you should have at level 1 is ******ed. even if I AM 5x as good as that person its not going to work, NOT TO MENTION the fact that they get 20+ more talents. It is ridiculous.
All I have to say is this, as a solo queue, is fail:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1vyXezePP4

12345 ... 6