Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PVP. net Patcher Kernel NOT Responding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

debarisi

07-03-2011

i got same msg,
i reinstall the game and everything works fine but only for 1 day

now the same error again.

Toaster Monster

07-22-2011

I've been trying all of this for about a week. I'm using vista and I have everything updated. I uninstalled/reinstalled, took off pmb, and still nothing.

YayPvP

07-22-2011

Exact same problem. Worked yesterday; came home from work today clicked game shortcut and received this error. Works on my wife's comp so its nothing with the internet settings since they are the same, nothing changed since then either. I've tried system restores, reinstalling, repairing, pretty much everything I can think of to get this to work and its still getting this error.

YayPvP

07-22-2011

So after screwing around with this for a few hours; I installed the game on my laptop and it worked fine. Laptop working fine, wife's comp working fine, mine suddenly stopped working. Only real differences besides hardware specs were the anit-viruses used. Wife has AVG, laptop has ESET, and my comp HAD Kaspersky. Just for ****s and giggles I did a quick 3 min disable of kaspersky and tried to launch LoL. Game started up fine.

So not sure if it's going to be the same problem for everyone else but for me it was the anti-virus, not sure why cause it worked for the past 3 weeks with Kaspersky and then today decided it wasn't going to let pvp.net kernel work.

Hopefully this helps at least one other person with this issue.

note: I also tried every single fix on the forums from the .net/Direct X reinstalls, LoL reinstalls, grabing the full patched client off a website, dns flushes, router resets, even did a system restore and nothing changed until the antivirus was disabled.

Raiku0728

07-22-2011

Same problem here...

07-24-2011

that freaking kernel stuff no longer shows up, disabled AV / AV's Firewall and it was fine. Not sure of a permanent fix but its a temp hot fix

QuesoPerro

07-25-2011

I don't know if this will work for everybody, but it worked for me.

1)Press windows key + R
2) type temp into the bar
3) delete everything in the folder
4) Press windows key + R
5) type %temp% into the bar
6) delete everything in the folder

CelebOhtar

08-01-2011

while downloading the patch sometime last week, my computer lost internet, and when i tried to restart it didn't work. since then, i've redownloaded, reinstalled, turned off firewall, updated computer, yet when i try to run lol.launcher from either shortcut or file, only the badge shows up and nothing happens. when i click it stops responding and says "pvp.net patcher kernel is not responding" please help riot... it seem like every update another week of trying to get this thing to work again

Kefkacorn

08-09-2011

having same issue

Pasta Panda

08-09-2011

Quote:
QuesoPerro:
I don't know if this will work for everybody, but it worked for me.

1)Press windows key + R
2) type temp into the bar
3) delete everything in the folder
4) Press windows key + R
5) type %temp% into the bar
6) delete everything in the folder

didnt work for me