Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

could not connect to http server...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patobr

05-23-2011

Hi,
I've redownloaded the game and reinstalled because of this error.
Than my game started to crashes all time I join to game, and I fixed using the launcher
to correct erros, so I've played one game, just one game.
Now I closed the launcher and got the same problem...
"could not connect to http server..."

please help me!!!

Eambo

Recruiter

05-23-2011

Hi Patobr,

Basically this error means the game cannot talk to the server. Try closing any and all background programs - if you have any antivirus/firewall software try temporarily disabling/uninstalling it, and also try going through these steps:

(Note: These need to be done in Internet Explorer, as this is the browser that LoL relies on)

- Download Internet Explorer 8 if you don't already have it
- Make sure IE8 isn't set to Work Offline. If it is, uncheck this.
- Within Internet Explorer 8, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings
- Make sure everything is unchecked, apart from possibly "Automatically Detect Settings"
- Failing this, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset/Restore Defaults
- Failing this, try reinstalling IE8.

5inister

Recruiter

05-26-2011

Try Uninstalling ADOBE AIR, and reinstalling it.
To get the install files go to: http://adobe.com/go/getair

That fixed it for me.

iustiNN

07-16-2011

Quote:
Eambo:
Hi Patobr,

Basically this error means the game cannot talk to the server. Try closing any and all background programs - if you have any antivirus/firewall software try temporarily disabling/uninstalling it, and also try going through these steps:

(Note: These need to be done in Internet Explorer, as this is the browser that LoL relies on)

- Download Internet Explorer 8 if you don't already have it
- Make sure IE8 isn't set to Work Offline. If it is, uncheck this.
- Within Internet Explorer 8, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings
- Make sure everything is unchecked, apart from possibly "Automatically Detect Settings"
- Failing this, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset/Restore Defaults
- Failing this, try reinstalling IE8.

thanks! it works now

epicwinmaster5

08-24-2011

No matter what i'm doing it is not working for me

Be My Wife Babe

08-28-2011

me too, it not working

IS1bd14e3755983647ae0a7

08-31-2011

Sorry for the necro but i guess it better to use this thread then creating a new one.

Hello!

I just had something strange happen. LoL has ben running great on my system ever since beta, untill today.

When i got home from work i started LoL and logged onto the NA server and since Riot removed the ability to logout i have to alt+f4 and restart the client to switch server. Now here comes my problem.

After i closed the lol client i cant seem to open it again. I just get the msg.
"Could not connect to the HTTP server. Please check that your internet connection is enabled and that your firewall is not blocking acces."

I did not do any changes. I just accidently logged onto NA, then closed it and trying to open it up again to change server.

1* Ive restated my computer.
2* Ive tryed running LoL as admin
3* Ive inactivated Windowsfirewall

Any ideas what i have to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance and excuse me for my kinda bad english.
Cheers

IS1bd14e3755983647ae0a7

08-31-2011

Guess i have to post this in the general forum since ppl never seem to get response in here.
Is it okey to post things like this in the general section?

KiWi Jez

09-14-2011

omg