Janna runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crimson Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

i used to get merc treads as janna but now i get CDR boots (just recently, as in, today)

this makes my cdr/level blues worthless because they overcap the 40% limit cdr.

i took this decision cuz of the new tenacity items, if theyr cc heavy then ill get those instead. also, maxing CDR really early is immensely valuable.

sooo my runepage used to be:
9x cdr/level blues (dont have flat... too expensive and cbf buying them anymore)
2x flat health quints
1x ap/level quint (realized how worthless they are just now, too)

now it is:
4x cdr/level blues (i need them or i would stay at 36% cdr once i get my items)
5x ap level blues
3x gold/5 quints (health/5 regen useless outside of lanephase and i dont roam, 3x flat health... 78 health... worthless? i start with dorans anyway)

i could fix that by going 9/0/21 but atm i think ill stick with 0/9/21 (Strength of spirit)

meh, i feel my runepage is too random now... i like having 9x of the same type :P

so what do? i cant make up my mind, i want a runepage focused for lane dominance while also being effective late game. i thought of MR flat or per level blues to cover up the MR im gonna miss out cuz of not getting merc treads... but i dont face many casters at bot, if any at all.

tldr:
need to build runepage while necessarily getting 3%~ cdr somewhere (blues or quints)

blues... wat to get? MR, ap/level, some cdr, EXTRA MP5??? since now ill be more spammy due to max cdr earlier.
quints... wat to get? flat health overrated, cdr? atm sticking to gold/5 but idk

my build involves rushing philostone and kindlegem + cdr boots. i start with dorans

Lucavious

05-23-2011

There was a high ELO Janna player on reddit yesterday saying to go 100% AD runes and then buy a Doran's Blade at the beginning of the game. He then harasses the everliving **** out of the two champs in his lane and gives a huge advantage to his team. I like that idea a lot.

Crimson Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

yeah i considered AS / armor pen reds... but tbh, i dunno. i just feel weird having those on a support.

id rather shield my partner and let him kill them

additionally, if im facing a lane with gap closer(s), im not harassing ANYONE.

Lucavious

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Rose View Post
yeah i considered AS / armor pen reds... but tbh, i dunno. i just feel weird having those on a support.

id rather shield my partner and let him kill them

additionally, if im facing a lane with gap closer(s), im not harassing ANYONE.
Your shield (in my experience) is pretty worthless in the early stages of the game during feeding and closing a gap at level 1-2 doesn't mean much if your ally is there to pick them off you. Unless you're playing in high levels of play I would guess most champions will back off when they see their health pool disappearing.

Keep in mind I said AD, not AS or Armor Penetration. The idea is to get as much damage into each hit as humanly possible when your opponents are at their weakest. I did this yesterday and my lane was three levels above theirs.

Crimson Rose

05-23-2011

it all depends on who u are facing in my opinion... lol at AD runes btw, ad < armor pen earlier.

and i max shield first, everytime. what else would i max then..? W?

Xeffieve

05-23-2011

Prioritizing W during early game over E is pretty good if you're laning with a champ that doesn't really require the shield, like Malphite or Poppy. Doing this will allow you to harass the opposing team much better since Zephyr will do more damage.

However, if you prioritize this way, do realize when it's time to switch to prioritizing E over W.

Lucavious

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Rose View Post
it all depends on who u are facing in my opinion... lol at AD runes btw, ad < armor pen earlier.

and i max shield first, everytime. what else would i max then..? W?
Not saying you shouldn't sink points into it, just saying its not very effective early game since it breaks in a single hit. You can't rely on it to help your ally kill enemies at level 1-3.

dyl

05-23-2011

I personally use Armor Pen reds, MP5/lvl Yellows AND Blues, and Gold/10 quints. It rocks.

Subdue

05-23-2011

I use Armor Penetration Reds, Mana Regen/Level Yellows, Flat CDR Blues, and Gold/10 Quints. I also run 9/0/21 masteries, so so with CDR Boots/ Kindlegem I'm at 39.84 CDR.

Ko Hakoo

05-23-2011

I use gold/10 quints, magic pen reds, mana regen yellows, and flat cdr blues. This combined with masteries has me at 12-15% cdr at level 1, and 30ish with the boots. Personally I like to front load my cooldown reduction so that I can afford to grab a philo stone and some dorans rings. I dont cs at all for my partner, so I rarely get a full build anyway.

I would like to change my reds eventually, but for now they do well.