@Riot Please Change HUD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnagè

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Read somewhere that riot is unable to reflect the map to where both sides appear to start in same spot. ( who knows why)

I started thinking of another solution and I Came up with this:

Make it to where everything thing on the hud is able to be minimized via a button or a hot key. Take out the extra designs between inventory and spells and spells and mini map as they serve no purpose anyway. Make the mini map to where it can be moved to a place of players choosing.

Why ? This would make it easier to play purple on 5v5 as the HUD would not get in the way as much. While blue would still have a slight advantage it would not be as significant.
As it is now the hud is way to big to begin with. So if players were able to minimize if they choosed to then in my opinion it would make my time playing better.

Lazzul

05-23-2011

You can already shrink the hud and remove the bridge. The big problem is that everything is slanted against purple. The towers are all leaning towards the top of the screen, as is the camera.

Lotus Du Couteau

05-24-2011

Menu - Video - Fast terrain - win

AaronA68

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-24-2011

No, the problem is also in the HUD/UI. This is not common knowledge in making it smaller...that needs to be publicized if you really can change it. I will be trying to figure it out now as well. I'll check out what Lotus is rambling about.

Carnagè

05-28-2011

While I already knew that I could shrink the hud. As far as I know your are not able to drag the mini map and I have not found anything to remove the bridge on the UI.

Also I still think it would be much easier to be able to COMPLETELY minimize the hud while keeping it max size. Why ? To me it is easier to view at full size. So if I could minimize while still keeping the same size it would save me from having to make multiple clicks and button pushes when I needed to view various info. Such as how much gold I have or my k/d. So I could keep minimized and if I needed to view any of this info I hit 1 key to un minimize everything, view what I need to. Then push it again to minimize again.

I have seen vids where the bridge is not there. So I know it can be removed but alot of these things are NOT common knowledge.

DaejinTye

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galcyonis View Post
I have not found anything to remove the bridge on the UI.
Hit esc, go to Interface Options. In there will be a check box with "Hide" something... I forget exactly what it's called. But it's the only check box that asks to hide something. Check it and hit okay and you'll be able to see much more at the bottom of the screen.

Carnagè

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daejin View Post
Hit esc, go to Interface Options. In there will be a check box with "Hide" something... I forget exactly what it's called. But it's the only check box that asks to hide something. Check it and hit okay and you'll be able to see much more at the bottom of the screen.
Thanks for info I will look into this. My original suggestion still stands. I find it would be MUCH easier to have a hot key to minimize hud rather then the way it is now.

Terrornoid

05-29-2011

Honestly, I can't believe this has been able to exist this way for so long. Blue has such a huge advantage it's unreal. Purp gets to fumble around with a camera while Blue gets to focus on skillshots, movement, dodging, and otherwise obliterating their encumbered opponents.

Removing the hud is still going to allow Blue a slight advantage, due to camera tilt. There is no reason the camera can't be spun around to the other side, which is the only fair fix. I can't believe they hold legitimate tourneys with this issue.

I don't care if we stop getting new stuff for 3 months to fix this; it would be worth it because it's extremely frustrating as it stands.

AaronA68

Recruiter

05-29-2011

I see. I do apologize for completely rejecting Timmy's message. It is the camera angle. I just have never noticed how bad it is until just recently. Or, I have never made note of it.
It does suck, and it is really a serious balance issue. Why hasn't this been worked on? They have done so many other things to make the game more fair, why have they not fixed this? Shouldn't it be a very easy camera-rotate fix?

Terrornoid

05-29-2011

It is impossible to Mid Viegar against Lux if V is purp. Impossible. Too much to do, not enough hands. I have to work twice as hard just to have the same vision range. Last game exemplified the issue. It looked like my first ever round I got stomped so bad (not that I'm really good otherwise). Now I'm probably reported for feeding.

Seriously, how has it gone this long without it being fixed?