What do you think of temporary Champion discounts for some Champions?

I would like to unlock a Champion for less RP 104 42.11%
I donít want to see that in League of Legends 21 8.50%
I wouldnít buy them on sale, but I donít see the harm in discounting Champions 101 40.89%
You didnít make an option to express my opinion (so Iíve posted, but I wanted to vote too) 21 8.50%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

What would you think of Champion sales?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotChris

Director of Publishing

03-18-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

We're thinking of offering temporary discounts on unlocking some Champions, and since you guys have never been shy about your opinions, would you mind sharing what you think about Champion discounts? Feel free to also elaborate by posting below. Riotchuck and I will be checking this thread.

We will probably discount the RP price for a single Champion for a couple days (much like the sales on skins - but less frequent).

If you think it's a particularly good or bad idea, drop on a post on why.

- RiotChris

ComradeBrad

03-18-2010

Discounts are always a good thing.

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

This seems like a good idea, as long as you're only discounting the RP cost and not the IP cost.

Rydain

03-18-2010

I don't see why not.

IdiotSavant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

I'll vote when the poll is up too but anyways while I won't say no to the idea because I realize some people are buying champions with RP and it would possibly benefit them I believe the majority of the playerbase will be unaffected by this as they use IP to buy champions.

I don't know if a RP discount will spur more people to buy champions with RP or not but my guess is leaning towards no.

Still though I'll vote yes so the few that do can at least benefit from it.

Mr Tibbers

03-18-2010

This post worries me. Your champion sales aren't falling, are they?

CannabisKarl

03-18-2010

Sounds like a good way to get some variety going.

personally I would enjoy more if you discounted IP

I'm just tired of seeing the same champions every game

ChodeBigload

03-18-2010

Good idea; it will definitely encourage more buys.

But I really wish we could buy champions with real money values, instead of going through the riot points system which is 1) confusing and 2) unfair to people who get left with odd amounts of RP left over.

Sedon

03-18-2010

I don't think it's a good idea. The people that rage already about "I just bought that skin and now it's on sale" would be even worse if it were to come to champions.

I would like to see bundles go on sale. This could probably go over without much kickback. You know the bundles like a champion with a skin for a discount.

You could also do multi champ discounts. Buy the Tanking Duo of Amumu/Nasus for a discount this weekend!

But solo champ discounts is, I dunno, just it might start more qq. But if you don't care about qq, then go for it!

My bad if it's just going to be RP only, then yea, definitely do it.

BUT NO IP DISCOUNTS!

Timlankey

03-18-2010

I wouldn't mind the discount if it was RP only as I don't purchase champions with RP. If it was IP as well that'd be great. Like IdiotSavant said, I don't think it would spur more people to purchase the skin but you never know. If the discounts are good maybe I would purchase champions with RP too.

I voted, Don't mind but I probably wont buy. Option 3.

12345 ... 10