LoL wont open

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrangeThrower

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

I'm currently at a friends house attempting to play LoL on my laptop. My screen is broken, and I use an external monitor. I usually use the one at my house, but since I went to a friends, I'm using his. I don't know if that has any effect, but its the only change since yesterday. I double click LoL, the logo pops up, then goes away. Thats about that extent of what happens. So I don't know if the different monitor is the problem, but its the only thing that is different. I have tried restarting and changing resolutions.

Tharama

05-23-2011

I have this issue aswell but nothing has changed for me, same computer, same connection, same everything but it just has the logo appear and then disappear. No launcher. It worked fine for me yesterday though.

Southern

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Same issue here

Olution

05-23-2011

Was playing LoL earlier today, now I'm getting the same thing, the LoL logo just pops up for a few seconds then disappears after I try to run the launcher (I've rebooted multiple times/tried to open it over and over again), nothing else has changed.

Rez09

05-23-2011

I'm having what appears to be the same issue: I double click on the launcher, the League of Legends logo appears, then the launcher closes and nothing happens.

Olution

05-23-2011

Bump.

Eambo

Recruiter

05-23-2011

Do you guys get as far as the patcher (Hitting Play?) or does it not even get that far?

Olution

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
Do you guys get as far as the patcher (Hitting Play?) or does it not even get that far?
This is what happens;

Try to launch LoL.
Logo appears for a few seconds then disappears.

That's it, the launcher never opens (so no, we don't get to hit 'Play')

I've tried opening it from all locations & running it as an admin, same thing happens every time (I think re-downloading the entire thing will fix it but I really don't want to have to resort to that yet if there is a possible fix.)

Eambo

Recruiter

05-23-2011

Try deleting this folder: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Then relaunch League of Legends, and let it run - it'll redownload this folder (Don't click on the badge when it's open!). See if that helps.

Olution

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
Try deleting this folder: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Then relaunch League of Legends, and let it run - it'll redownload this folder (Don't click on the badge when it's open!). See if that helps.
This works, after deleting the folder I ran LoL, it took about 15 seconds then the Launcher successfully opened.

Thanks for the help