[suggestion] Game recording option/ Observer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

finalmaestre

05-22-2011

I would like to see an option where players could record their games for reviewing later on.

I would also like to see an option where people could observe games that are being played.

Al Stump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Sad thing is, you probably think this hasn't been suggested before.

DaejinTye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Ya, we know they already have observers allowed for things like WCG and what-not. The only problem is, will they ever allow their populace as a whole be able to use the features.

I would like it, if for no other reason, than to watch someone who is better than I am, play a champion I wish to improve my skills with. That and get a feel for teamwork and roles better. As it stands now, I still have no idea who the hell I'm supposed to go after, since I only solo queue and no one plays like a team.

TokraZeno

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Daejin View Post
I would like it, if for no other reason, than to watch someone who is better than I am, play a champion I wish to improve my skills with.
Similar to how Starcraft records matches. Be helpful for trying to work out what abilities were being fired off, what items the champions were actively using, their leveling strategies, etc...

That's good yes, but I can think of additional reason to do it; Commentating. I was trying to watch a commentated match on youtube earlier and it's boring as anything.

Why? Because the camera needs to remain focused over a single champion so the player can see what they're doing. To see the most interesting parts of the match, the commentator would have to risk his own champion and as such compromise his team.

LoL is a multiplayer only game so you'd expect competition to develop around it. But for something to take off, it needs to be a spectator sport ie. fun to watch. There's lots of potential here, but there's work that needs to be done first. After my recent experiences with youtube, I wouldn't want to watch competition matches because player screens aren't interesting.

If you can't be bothered reading that, just check this out. http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/pro-gaming