Merge new "tenacity" items with QSS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paShadoWn

05-22-2011

Reason i won't buy these and QSS is same: they occupy a slot where something powerful like FoN may be. A combine shall resolve it.

Brinzy

05-22-2011

They probably don't want to design an item that gives 20% Attack Speed and Crit with a cheap Cleanse + MR, if I understand what you're asking for.

IanTheDragon

05-22-2011

I think he just means adding tenacity to QSS, but that would still be OP.....QSS is a great item, and while the new tenacity items are a little lackluster, they just need small buffs.

SixShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-22-2011

that would make qss a sexy item to acquire.

Zeful

05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paShadoWn View Post
Reason i won't buy these and QSS is same: they occupy a slot where something powerful like FoN may be. A combine shall resolve it.
I see that you have missed the purpose of both the Quicksilver Sash, and the new tenacity items.

Quicksilver sash is "I don't like this condition, it's gone" every couple of minutes. It's actually more powerful than Cleanse is currently, this is balanced by having nothing but it's active and MR, giving it more stats would raise it's price far more than is reasonable.

The other tenacity items are more for characters that get more than enough MR and/or would benefit from having a different boot without wasting gold on stats they don't have. Ashe might pick up Elisa's Miracle or Cloak and Dagger, and Boots of Swiftness giving her decent speed and CC reduction, and builds from a philosopher stone, which would make her laning much easier. She might get more stats from other items, but the over-game utility Elisa's or C&D provide simply flow from laning to teamfighting easily.

3v3ryone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2011

dream on, but it wont happen. You have to choose between "X" or "Y", you can't have both, because it would be too strong.

Ebonclaw

05-22-2011

An item resulting in a combine from each of the new Tenacity items? That would be hot. Currently though, it seems they are making a distinction of "minor but powerful" abilities, like Cleanse and Tenacity, where they like them on low/mid tier items because you can shoot for them if you are struggling, but since they can't be built into anything big, if you are doing that well on money, they start to clog up your inventory, forcing you to -choose between- the item with the cool ability/passive, or the big dollar power item.

Still, I feel like giving upgrade paths for more of the low/mid tier dead-end items would provide more exciting build paths.

Also, now I imagine a Purple Elixir: 35 Tenacity (same as Treads, still doesn't stack), 10-30 Armor and MR, based on Champion Level.

Broheme

05-22-2011

I would be happy to see a more expensive QSS with tenacity. It would would be the situational survivability item to hard counter ridiculous teams like thornmail does against glass cannon AD.

CaffeineJunky

05-22-2011

I wouldn't mind giving QSS a weak tenacity, such as Tenacity 15.