3/18/10 - v1.0.0.79 Ezreal Guide, The Best and Weirdest Guide Out There!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarpati

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Life View Post
but i don't think you have the right to claim my guide is garbage (To Wakim).
And you don't have the right to claim your guide is "the best", as your title states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronotank View Post
It's way too early for Ez guides
I second this.

If I were to make a guide I would get, at the very least, 50 wins with the champion first.

God of Life

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpati View Post
And you don't have the right to claim your guide is "the best", as your title states.

I second this.

If I were to make a guide I would get, at the very least, 50 wins with the champion first.

Your right i shouldnt have suggested it was the best, though i changed it i dont think you should come here and say this having nothing to do with the guide. Btw people say Ezreal is the worst hero because he is to tough or sucks. I made this guide now to get people started with Ezreal, to give them basic strategies, not to bring them through a game. Also if you would have seen my last game you would trust me when i say that im ready to make a guide. If you follow this guide and gain some skill in skill shots you will be the best Ezreal. i had the entire enemy team add my last night after gettin 18/3/16 so i think that i shall make a guide, and i as i go on i will change bits and pieces of it to make it more appropriate for the situation and changing tactics. I wont make a guide and leave it be for eternity like some people. No, i will get on here everyday, take everyone's suggestions into consideration, then i will change necessary things to make the guide up-to-date. Please understand where i come from, i plan to work hard to keep it up to date. Thanks for reading it though.

Zaouron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

Just a few comments/ideas about your use of Ezreal.

1) I like the idea of using defensive masteries. Ez is super squishy and going defense tree will definitely help keep you alive. However, once you get the hang of teleporting around, i think the utility tree will be more useful (mana regen/CDR/movement speed).

2) Arcane Shift (teleport) is an excellent kiting tool with a Rylai's. I usually max this out first because of how useful it is for staying alive AND doing damage. It really is funny to have a melee running after you while you constantly teleport outside of melee range (if you dont mind a hybrid build then add in a frost mallet for insane kiting.)

3) I prefer ghost over flash on Ez. They can both be used offensively and defensively, but i feel that ghost is better overall. It grants much greater movement over it's duration and has a shorter CD. Coupled with Arcane Shift, you can do some serious moving. (So far I always use Clarity on Ez. He just uses WAY too much mana.)

4) Have you tried an Attack Damage build on him yet? Personally, I prefer to go AP as it synergizes with more of his abilities, but the couple times I tried AD it went very well. Not as bursty, but i was able to put out some pretty high, constant damage.

5) For abilities i ALWAYS start with Mystic Shot(Q) or Arcane Shift(E) first. Mystic Shot is your spam skill. It's extremely useful for getting last hits on minions. Arcane Shift can be taken first if you think you'll need the extra escape ability early. Typically, i do something like this: Q E Q W E R then do R>E>W>Q (E and W can be swapped. I really prefer getting Arcane shifts CD as low as possible.)

6) Don't use berserker boots with an AP build. Nashors + Passive will give you all the attack speed you need. I prefer boots of swiftness for the extra movement speed (kiting) but sorc boots or merc treads are also useful depending on the situation.

7) Lastly, this is just a personal tactic that works well for me, use your Ulti constantly. Any time you blue pill throw it down a lane. This will get you a little extra gold and help your minions push. I use CDR/lvl runes. Combined with a Nashors the CD on his Ult is 1 minute. Add in Mystic shot and you can get that down to ~40sec. Use mystic shot non stop. It's cheap and has a short CD. I only mention this because most characters ulti's are saved for big team battles. Ezreals ulti is so versatile due to it's full map travel distance, super short CD and decent damage (~300 once it hits bare minimum with ~400AP).

That's all I have for now. These are just my opinions based on playing him constantly the last couple days. I love that he is all skill shots. It makes for a very intense gaming experience. Keep up the good work with the guide.

God of Life

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaouron View Post
Just a few comments/ideas about your use of Ezreal.

1) I like the idea of using defensive masteries. Ez is super squishy and going defense tree will definitely help keep you alive. However, once you get the hang of teleporting around, i think the utility tree will be more useful (mana regen/CDR/movement speed).

2) Arcane Shift (teleport) is an excellent kiting tool with a Rylai's. I usually max this out first because of how useful it is for staying alive AND doing damage. It really is funny to have a melee running after you while you constantly teleport outside of melee range (if you dont mind a hybrid build then add in a frost mallet for insane kiting.)

3) I prefer ghost over flash on Ez. They can both be used offensively and defensively, but i feel that ghost is better overall. It grants much greater movement over it's duration and has a shorter CD. Coupled with Arcane Shift, you can do some serious moving. (So far I always use Clarity on Ez. He just uses WAY too much mana.)

4) Have you tried an Attack Damage build on him yet? Personally, I prefer to go AP as it synergizes with more of his abilities, but the couple times I tried AD it went very well. Not as bursty, but i was able to put out some pretty high, constant damage.

5) For abilities i ALWAYS start with Mystic Shot(Q) or Arcane Shift(E) first. Mystic Shot is your spam skill. It's extremely useful for getting last hits on minions. Arcane Shift can be taken first if you think you'll need the extra escape ability early. Typically, i do something like this: Q E Q W E R then do R>E>W>Q (E and W can be swapped. I really prefer getting Arcane shifts CD as low as possible.)

6) Don't use berserker boots with an AP build. Nashors + Passive will give you all the attack speed you need. I prefer boots of swiftness for the extra movement speed (kiting) but sorc boots or merc treads are also useful depending on the situation.

7) Lastly, this is just a personal tactic that works well for me, use your Ulti constantly. Any time you blue pill throw it down a lane. This will get you a little extra gold and help your minions push. I use CDR/lvl runes. Combined with a Nashors the CD on his Ult is 1 minute. Add in Mystic shot and you can get that down to ~40sec. Use mystic shot non stop. It's cheap and has a short CD. I only mention this because most characters ulti's are saved for big team battles. Ezreals ulti is so versatile due to it's full map travel distance, super short CD and decent damage (~300 once it hits bare minimum with ~400AP).

That's all I have for now. These are just my opinions based on playing him constantly the last couple days. I love that he is all skill shots. It makes for a very intense gaming experience. Keep up the good work with the guide.

I love these ideas, let me state my opinion on each number, if you may.
You right about Defensive, its very good, but if you do master it i would go Offense or Utility, but if you like running in and tanking / kiting all enemy champions then stay Defensive, at that point its your own personal choosings.
As i said, i told the basic core items, but presuming to the current situation the items may change according to the position.
Yeah Ghost does work better, your right, flash is an option though.
Well it works, but i personally like Ap over Ad, because there is only 1 attack dmg spell that can be a downfall if minions are around, unlike the other Ap spells.
Well for me, my friends, and a lot of the people i play with, they most likely will need heals during early game and it increases attack speed. Although if you play with defensive players get Q first, but Q decreases Cds so its useful to get it after W or E
Well serker can make up for the loss of Ad because of the speed, but if they are stacking Magic Resist then go Sor Boots. Your right. Its your choice though.
Well this works, but with an Ap rune build and stacks i can almost hit half of a Pantheons health with one ult. I choose to use ult almost everytime its up but only when heroes are Pilling.

Hope this helped changing some things, well get back to you again later..Thank YOU!!

Eat dat chammich

03-18-2010

This is a troll post isn't it...

God of Life

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat dat chammich View Post
This is a troll post isn't it...
No. i have tested it and i have played many different strategies. This is the most useful and flexible one. You can survive along time. Also with items and runes you can kill and win team fights. Im not trolling or faking this, try my build out to see for yourself

Sraizi

03-18-2010

Good Guide Thx

Chaoticon

03-18-2010

Your guide is to harsh to look at. You need some formatting instead of walls of text. Maybe some paragraphs and bullets or both. Trim out the useless information, etc

God of Life

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticon View Post
Your guide is to harsh to look at. You need some formatting instead of walls of text. Maybe some paragraphs and bullets or both. Trim out the useless information, etc
Thank you for the tip. I will definitely take this into consideration. By chance do you know if you can post screen shots inside the post? that would hopefully help.

God of Life

03-18-2010

okay guys, i should have changed the guide's name to 3/18/10 - v1.0.0.79 Ezreal Guide, a Unique Way to Play! I reformatted the entire guide, adding bullet points indents and spaces and such. Please check it out and tell me what you think.