All around rune set??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nieco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

What kind of rune set should I get that can be use in any hero???

my plan is

yellow=dodge
blue=cdr
red= armorpen/crit chance??

is it alryt

soz if my eng is bad

NeutralGround

03-19-2010

I use mostly the same set for all heroes

Quints: Flat HP
Yellow: HP per level
Blue: CDR per level
Red: Flat HP (This is probably the weakest set. As such, I've since purchased a full set of magic/armor penetration and switch between those from hero to hero.)

This'll work well for most, but specific heroes are obviously greatly improved by certain changes. (eg. Crit damage for Pirate or Dodge for Jax)

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Yellow - Mana Regen / 5 / Level
Blue - CDR works well, but is expensive. Honestly? Get more mana regen / level. OR, a very good rune here is Magic Resist / level, as it gives your champion naturally growing mag resist, whereas usually you have none (save the few exceptions like Udyr).
Red - Armor Pen is always great. Much better than crit damage, that thread does a nice job of proving it.

Quint - Personal choice. Most people say to get flat health, and I agree it's nice. I personally like movement speed, but that's my taste.

Nieco

03-19-2010

ahh ok ty.. ill be waitin for more suggestions

GuyGin

03-19-2010

Quints = Flat HP or Move Speed
Yellow = HP/lvl
Blue = CDR
Red = Flat HP

This will be usable with EVERY character, with no wasted stats. It will help a ton in early game.

Swapping out the reds for mpen / arpen will generally be more efficient because the health from t3 reds is kinda meh (think of it this way, 1 quit is more health than 9 red health runes...)

Azing

03-19-2010

Red = Varies... most often this is where ArP or M pen will be. Either get some HP/HP per Lvl here or invest in M Pen. Most heroes even melee have Magic based abilities so getting some here won't hurt.
Yellow = Dodge or HP per Lvl
Blue = CDR (Always do well with most champions)
Quint = HP per Lvl

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

03-19-2010

I thought flat HP was better than HP per level?
and what type of CDR are you looking at? CDR per level or flat CDR? :|

ChaosGopherSucks

03-19-2010

Red: armor/Magic penetration (i got armor cause it can be useful for mages too and i've been playing ezreal a lot)

blue: cdr
yellow: dodge/hp per level (ur choice)
quint: HP

DeanKeaton259

03-19-2010

I use, Blue: Flat CDR
Yellow: HP/LV
Red: Magic Pen
Quints: Flat HP

GuyGin

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
I thought flat HP was better than HP per level?
and what type of CDR are you looking at? CDR per level or flat CDR? :|
you should almost never go with scaling quints, because the crossover level is always really high (the level at which the per level bonus equals the flat bonus.) For example the hp per level Quints become equal to the flat hp quints at lvl 12, yet the hp bonus is definitely most important at low levels before you have any hp items.

On the other hand, the hp / lvl yellows crossover at lvl 5, which means that you get the same bonus as the flat hp yellows, very low, and after that they get much much better (they're almost 4 (400%) times as much health at lvl 18 as the flat hp seals. In comparison, the hp per level quints are only 33% better than the flat ones at lvl 18)

For CD blues, almost everyone goes flat in general because the crossover level is very high at lvl 13. There is an argument to be made though, that when you really need the cooldown reduction is at higher levels when you're more involved in teamfights, and at low levels, you don't really have the mana to support spamming skills on every CD anyway, so it's not as critical to have the low level bonus. (at least that's my thinking, and combined with the fact that CD / Lvl runes are so much cheaper I might be going with those).